Sold a used car, now the new owner wants their money back

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
so I sold a 02 impala to some lady last week she asked if anything was wrong with it and i showed her the dent in the back but aside from that it ran good and didnt have any lights on or anything, she took it for a ride and came back with the money later, skip to today her boy friend sends me a message on face book saying there are a bunch of check engine lights on and he wants his money back then sends me a picture of a print out from autozone and the only code was a po420, and i guess the gas gauge dosnt work the tank was full the whole time i had it i drove it alittle and topped it off after i fixed a couple issues with the car, so i tell him i sold it as is like it states on the bill of sale that we both signed, and now him and one of this ladies friends start threatening me and my family in facebook messages

so what say you tcg I told them to contact my lawyer and gave them his name and the guy said fuck no I will see you tomorrow, luckily this car was sold from a napa and not my house but im sure its not hard to find out where someone lives, so here i am at work and my wife is at home with my daughter freaking out she called her brother to see if she could stay there and he called the cops in my town and gave them our address and they just showed up to check on her

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
the main problem now is they found the add from when i bought the car for 1200 bucks and think i just flipped it with issues, but in reality i worked on it for a month before i even listed it, i mean i have like 30 hours worth of time into this car and a few hundred in parts and i resold it for just enough to cover my cost into the car, then one code popped up a week later and they are saying if i dont pay them they will come see me tomorrow, and some lady that was sending me messages said i messed with the wrong family and they will take care of my family in other ways

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
so now my wife is freaking out the cops said i need to call them tomorrow when i get home and there isnt much they can do about it, so shes calling me now for the password to the gun safe asking where extra magazines are lol fucking war over a check engine light

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
so now my wife is freaking out the cops said i need to call them tomorrow when i get home and there isnt much they can do about it, so shes calling me now for the password to the gun safe asking where extra magazines are lol fucking war over a check engine light

Go to cop shop. Show them threatening message. Have chips with you when you confront then saying to get lost, and any trespassers can and will be shot

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
i saved everything in screen shots, im not all that worried more so pissed off that they cant understand, i even told them every part i replaced on the car and what all i did to fix it and they just say yeah right its junk and you knew it, i told them if they want there money back please take me to court i would rather pay my lawyer then them

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
they keep saying i deleted the codes, the boyfriend aka, "Canadian" says i kno al bout them codes you delete dem and a week latr day com back, i tried to explain to him how it works off heat cycles and that they would have been on the next day and i would have gladly taken the car back at that point but not a week later

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
one of my regals started puking oil on the way home back when it was a 5 year old car, i should have went back to the guys house and beat him up and got my money back a week later, or i could have just put a new pan gasket in it and drove it for the next 5 years like i did

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Can't u just block them from facebook? Just ignore them they won't do shit.

Exactly, why are you worrying about it and continuing to keep in contact with them... Block completely any method they are contacting you on. Then call the police and get it on record that they threatened you. DONE... Then just stay on alert for the next week.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info