Custom driveshaft shops nearby?

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
i think its more about the fact that the dia of the shaft is limited on a 300gt, as well as iirc its a 2 or 3 piece shaft? so replacing it with a single shaft thats too small of a dia and too long to prevent it from "jump roping" is more the liability they are talking of...

You are correct. The OEM shaft is a 3 piece, however the aftermarket shafts that are available are 1 piece and 2 piece respectively. I have heard of people having vibration issues however they have other issues as well(worn mounts, bushings, etc..). Those with properly sorted cars usually don't have any issues. But I see where you are coming from, thanks.

60019d1146088023-what-your-guys-thoughts-pst-2-piece-aluminum-driveshaft-driveshaft-20comparison-202.jpg

I called Bensenville they said give us a few weeks to get you a quote. I'll call The place in south holland next. Wow...some of you guys had super fast turn around...

chet3310

TCG Elite Member
Dec 21, 2008
i think its more about the fact that the dia of the shaft is limited on a 300gt, as well as iirc its a 2 or 3 piece shaft? so replacing it with a single shaft thats too small of a dia and too long to prevent it from "jump roping" is more the liability they are talking of...

Got ya, now this makes sense, thanks. I can't imagine someone turning down business like that but that would make sense.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
I called Bensenville they said give us a few weeks to get you a quote. I'll call The place in south holland next. Wow...some of you guys had super fast turn around...

Well, Im sure they do shafts for notches and fbodys all the time so they know what it takes and can knock them out quick. I wouldnt be surprised if it was their first time doing a shaft for a car like yours.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info