Anyone have a tire hookup?

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I needed two new fronts on my truck and planned to grab some used but good ones. that is until I picked up a nail in one of my rear tires on Sunday. I'm going to toss a plug in it for now buy looking to replace them all.

Not looking for an off-road tire. Quiet riding all season/highway tire. 275 55 20

My tpms needs to be serviced as well. I've got two that are dying and throwing false readings intermittently.

I had a guy, but he moved to AZ.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
any brand preference or price range? i dont have any used, but i can get em new. also i have the tpms tools

not to hi-jack the thread.... but can you get any brand ?

and i'm assuming failing TPMS sensors have to be replaced...cuz i have the same false flashing light :fu:

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
not to hi-jack the thread.... but can you get any brand ?

and i'm assuming failing TPMS sensors have to be replaced...cuz i have the same false flashing light :fu:

I can get pretty much any brand. And are you talking about a Nissan with a tire light flashing? They use the worst sensors. :rofl:
I can figure out which sensor is bad though

cheaper is better, not some Japanese/Korean knockoff brand.

I've had great luck with mastercraft tires. They are made by cooper, have a great mileage warranty, balance great, quiet, and are fairly cheap. I'll look up prices tomorrow for you.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
I can get pretty much any brand. And are you talking about a Nissan with a tire light flashing? They use the worst sensors. :rofl:

I can figure out which sensor is bad though

Not to thread jack but I've noticed that 3/4 Nissans that I've come across with a flashing tpms light just needed reprogramming and didn't actually have a bad sensor. I believe it's a computer issue as I've pulled the code history and it would have about 8 codes stored between the keyless transponder and tire pressure sensor faults.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
So first up is a fuzion touring 55k mile rated tire (no experience with this one, decent mileage warranty for the price though) $117 per tire
attachment.php

next is a kumho road venture apt 60k mile rated $143 each
attachment.php

mastercraftt courser HSX tour 60k mile at $143 each.

attachment.php

the only extra cost on top of these tires would be the blagojevich state tax ($2.50 per tire), and disposal of your old tires ($2 per tire).
i hate recommending tires, but personally i'd go with the mastercraft. everyone that's purchased a set has been very happy.

Attachments

• D87bg.jpg
    D87bg.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 112bg.jpg
    112bg.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 01Bbg.jpg
    01Bbg.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 53

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
So first up is a fuzion touring 55k mile rated tire (no experience with this one, decent mileage warranty for the price though) $117 per tire

attachment.php

next is a kumho road venture apt 60k mile rated $143 each

attachment.php

mastercraftt courser HSX tour 60k mile at $143 each.

attachment.php

the only extra cost on top of these tires would be the blagojevich state tax ($2.50 per tire), and disposal of your old tires ($2 per tire).

i hate recommending tires, but personally i'd go with the mastercraft. everyone that's purchased a set has been very happy.

hmm discount tire direct has cooper Discoverer HT for $144 each, free shipping and a $40 rebate.

I think I need to do some more research on what I should buy

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
not a fan of the cooper ST MAXX
I got 4 Duratracs mounted and balanced for 806 out the door.... albeit this was 3 years ago.

the other tires i would consider for a good price would be the General Grabber AT2s or the Toyo open country AT

I should see 60k out of my duratracs, so I would definitely buy them again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info