Storage Insurance

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I have never used storage insurance, always kept the GTO fully insured through winter to drive when nice or needed but I am considering changing things up this year. Last winter was terrible and I barely drove the car yet paid full coverage anyway.

I am curious about restrictions. Does the vehicle just have to remain off of private roads? AKA, can I pull it out of my garage and leave it in the driveway if I need to use my garage or does it have to stay 'in storage' aka under cover?

TIA

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
You don't meet the state minimum when the car is under storage insurance, so just keep it off the road. And as long as the insurance company knows it will be outside you'll be fine. It's cheaper if it's covered though, but marginally at best.

Also, if it's not paid off (not sure on your situation) whoever holds the title will not allow you to take the vehicle off full coverage. They'll get your their own insurance and make you pay that instead.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info