Need a car for wife. Good mpg and $400 or less monthly

Nccstud

Daddy no likey
TCG Premium
Aug 20, 2012
Belvidere
What car would you buy? Needs to have over 40 mpg combined. Only looking to put 4 grand down, and would like the payment to be $400 or below. Really the only options she wants are heated seats and a navigation system. She drives from Belvidere to Naperville daily and has to go Annie Glidden in the winter, so keep that in mind because that road sucks balls when it gets icy.

I've looked briefly at the fusion hybrid and my parents have a prius they swing pretty hard from

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Hyundai Elantra? Slightly under your mpg requirement but barley. I would suggest the chevy Cruze but I don't think heated seats were an option. However the fact that I averaged 47 mpg on the hwy on the way home last night negates heated seats lol

ive fucked with mine a little and never seen that high of an average 43-44 tops, what you have done to it?

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
ive fucked with mine a little and never seen that high of an average 43-44 tops, what you have done to it?

My wife has the elantra I have the chevy cruze eco manual. The cruze rocks as far as mpg. In summer at 60mph with the low rolling resitance ecopia 422's i can do 50mpg

In the elantra best was about the same as you. 42 mpg or so.

If your talking about my cruze I have a injen CAI on it and the low rolling resitance tires pumped up to 42psi all around. do about 60-65 mph on the highway on concrete and you can do 45 or a little more with light throttle

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
My wife has the elantra I have the chevy cruze eco manual. The cruze rocks as far as mpg. In summer at 60mph with the low rolling resitance ecopia 422's i can do 50mpg

In the elantra best was about the same as you. 42 mpg or so.

i have low rolling resistance tires not sure on brand and keep them at 48psi and a cold air intake with no tune to lean it out a little more and still never seen close to that

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
i have low rolling resistance tires not sure on brand and keep them at 48psi and a cold air intake with no tune to lean it out a little more and still never seen close to that

All in how you drive and the speed as well. Due to the cars very very small engine if I go anymore than like 70 or 75 mph the mpg plummits.

Actually im bored at work ill go take a photo of the 50 mile mpg average right now and post it for proof.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
oh yeah that calculator on the dash is not right mine says 50 all the time also, but when you figure it at the pump its more like 43

Oh I thought you were talking about the computer read out or whatever. Yea if I do the pump calculation I am probably right on with you. 43-44 mpg. Unless I did a long straight hwy trip chillin behind a semi at 65 or something,

Either way. Its great mpg. Cost me about 29 bucks to fill up last week. And that lasts me about a week and a half

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info