2015 mustang gt or ecoboost

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
well, im thinking it's time i finally get an auto loan for a new mustang. I have never had an auto loan as i hate payments, so if i couldn't purchase a vehicle with cash, i haven't. I have been talking with the wife and i am/was expecting to buy a Hayabusa this winter (winter prices go down, because im cheap) but honestly, having my son now, i found myself a lot more nervous and fearful when riding, so im leaning towards another fun car instead of the bike. I am liking the 2015 after seeing a picture in white, but i may even end up with a 2014 GT.

Now it won't be race car (iv'e said that before, cough trans am, cough) as the idea of a warranty is appealing to me, but it will get some amount of mods. my question is, which would you choose and why? im assuming the ecoboost, already being FI, will be easy to get more ponies out of quickly. But, the sound of the v8, especially with a cam, makes me feel all warm inside.

Ready. Set. GO!

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
2015-Ford-Mustang.jpg

serb82

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
I think I most you get out of the lil eco in range of 320-350 whp, the ecoboost truck CPU are still locked out and can't get full access to them just yet. Last time I check it was around 400whp out of the 3.5 liter. The computer has a limiting torque equation that can't be broken just yet.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
From the recent reviews, the GT with the performance package seems like the way to go. Autoblog recently tested the 15 back to back against comparable 14 models. The difference in handling, chassis rigidity, and confidence was night and day. Plus they said the interior is the nicest ever seen in a Mustang. Unless you can get a crack head deal on a 13-14 Boss or GT500, don’t look back.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I think people are going to find that although the Ecoboost sounds enticing it will come up short of the feel of speed when compared to the 5.0. The 305hp v6 sounded like a great option to people as well. Yet no one I know purchased one. With the Ecoboost and 5.0 you can add a tune to both and the 5.0 is going to still hold an edge. With the Cobra Jet 5.0 I am sure they will have an intake similar to the current offering for the 2011-14 GT. So add headers and an intake and the car will make 450(ish) rwhp. Where the Eco boost has been commented on making 350rwhp. So lets say the it makes another 15% over that power number. You are still looking at 400rwhp.

Driving a IRS car is going to handle a lot better on the track as well as on the roads. My car has stiffer springs and more agressive shock valving to make it handle better on the road course. But when the rear tires hit bumps, cracks or just uneven road it is very "jittery". The IRS and chassis on the 2015 has been already verified to not have this issue. At least in stock form.

Plus the technology, conveniences and options on the 2015 are leaps and bounds better than the 2014 and earlier cars. So I don't see a reason to buy a 2014 or earlier car unless you want to save a ton of money and are OK with missing out on the upgrades.

If you have good credit you should be able to get a loan with a very low interest rate. So the fact you are getting a loan shouldn't weigh on your mind much. Put a hefty down payment if you can. Then the loan amount is less and it might put your mind at rest on the loan.

Good luck picking a car!

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
this is one of my biggest reasons wanting to go with the 15. the interior or all previous mustangs has been very dated and boring IMO.

Errr... Maybe the 2004 ones yes, but the 2005 'retro' remake I think was a fun interior (albeit a little on the cheap side). The 2011 interiors are an excellent evolution and has a TON more soft-touch material, my 2014 is leaps and bounds nicer than previous mustangs interior wise. The improved 2015 interior is as to be expected at a cost (one that I don't really care about when purchasing a car for the sledgehammer under the hood).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info