WS6 Blows Front Tire Racing at 140 mph

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
To me it looks like he's running those cheap vw beetle tires as front runner radials. They are like a 185/15 or something and have a terrible load and speed rating. I ran my M&H front runners over 100 many times and put a lot of shreet miles on them including sustained highway speeds. I wouldn't think twice to do it again. People cheap out and pay the consequence.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
To me it looks like he's running those cheap vw beetle tires as front runner radials. They are like a 185/15 or something and have a terrible load and speed rating. I ran my M&H front runners over 100 many times and put a lot of shreet miles on them including sustained highway speeds. I wouldn't think twice to do it again. People cheap out and pay the consequence.

That was my first thought aswell.

"Lets build a 150+ mph race car and put ford festiva tires on it."

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008

:werd:
I read that they were Federal tires. Cheap shit

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
Why even run skinnies up front on the street? If you need to stop quickly, I'd rather have the contact patch to help brake harder.

Because he's running bias ply tires on the back. Need them on the front too. It would get really squirrelly under hard accel and braking with radials up front. Ask me how I know. ;)

What he "should" be running on the street is DRs in the rear and nice fat summer radials up front.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
From the owner of the ws6 TA.

Whats up everyone!!!

Well, here is what went down as best as i remember...

As i started pulling on the vette, i felt like i was riding on sponge and knew i was in trouble. I Killed the switches to N20 and my newly installed stand alone unit, which was the first time i ever used it... so yes RAMAIRTRANSAM, Now I'm on Spray!

Anyway, as i tried to slow down shit started going everywhere, and I had no choice but to brace myself, and keep my car as straight as possible, which you guys can see, i did a pretty good job at keeping it from getting worse.

The tires are Federals and still dont understand why it blew this way, as i didn't run over anything. The only thing i can think of, is the tire was damaged or maybe dried by the sun. Either way, this will not keep me from using skinnies as i don't believe that was the problem.

Parts are already lined up with a buddy in Houston, and if you guys think this lil incident scares me... Ya'll might of forgotten what this ride and i have been through, Gear-Trends » From The Ashes

Until next time, stay tuned for more FENIX FAST!!!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I had a front tire blow on my Cobra at 105 mph. Held the wheel firmly and let the car slowly drift to the shoulder. Hit the brakes gently at around 80 mph and slowed gradually to a stop. No drama. Wasn't going as fast as this guy and my tire threw some of the tread but did not tear up the wheel well.

Holding the wheel firmly, making small corrections and gentle braking worked well for me. Definitely a WTF moment when the tire blew.

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
I'd have shat myself.

I don't like skinnies. I have a set they are not for street driving and I used them once at the track. Not a fan

I asked [MENTION=4895]gnxs[/MENTION] if he wanted the 17's or the skinnies on when he drove my car in kots. He wanted the stock wheels and tires. I didn't blame him.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info