Old Mercedes V12 + Headers and exhaust = Sex

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
How To Make A Used Mercedes Sound Like A Pagani Zonda

Ermagerd this is awesome. Take one of the old Mercedes V12's (pre-2003), add headers and an exhaust and this is what you get. Sounds hilariously great for this car, especially when it starts. Sounds like a fucking F1 car.

The problem is that you need to be moving and beating the snot out of it for it to sound good. When he hits it from a stop you quickly realize this is the same old lazy V12 pushing a 2+ ton luxobarge. It races through the revs with the urgency of a snail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5ZIomet8Yk#t

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
I remember seeing this some time ago and asked myself what a pair of headers and custom exhaust for a car not frequently modded would cost.

Reminds me of back in the day reminiscing about a Caddy 4.9 we put exhaust on, so we decided to run open manifolds on my old LS 400. The 1UZ-FE is a whole different animal with the intake/exhaust opened up.

I see there are (2) '04 Twin Turbo S600s available nearby with low miles under $18k...

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info