Reasons Mike K actually would not buy a Hellcat

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Mook gave me shit in the other thread about not really being able to take advantage of a car that handles well versus a car that handles just ok on a day to day basis. Well today I pulled my GoPro out of the box for the first time in the 8 months I've had it and took some footage to play with it.

This is leaving my neighborhood and then at the 1 minute mark I'm turning onto Mulholland. Mulholland is the road that runs along the top of the Hollywood Hills. It's also where a lot of people in the city go to flog their cars. At any given moment I can pull out and have a roofless Ford Econoline tour van hold me up or a Lamborghini Aventador come flying up my ass. My best run was with an Ariel Atom which is every bit as ridiculous looking on a street as you would expect.

This road goes on like this for about 8 miles and you'll be lucky to be going straight for more than about 100 feet at a time. So the better handling your car the more fun the road is.

Video notes: action starts at a minute in and only lasts for 30 seconds because the camera died. Special cameo from the Viper I spoke about here. It's been sitting there for as long as I've been coming to Los Angeles, covered in dust with faded cardboard plate inserts on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mROa9LYXek

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Those roads don't look too bad. ;) there are some around here that a lot of fun to drive on. I've driven up mt. Diablo a couple of times and that'll get your blood pumping (if you don't hit a biker...). Also, I don't know how anyone could have an under powered car out here. There's on ramps that are shorter than my driveway and I'll need to go from almost a stop to 60 to not get run over merging....

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Those roads don't look too bad. ;) there are some around here that a lot of fun to drive on. I've driven up mt. Diablo a couple of times and that'll get your blood pumping (if you don't hit a biker...). Also, I don't know how anyone could have an under powered car out here. There's on ramps that are shorter than my driveway and I'll need to go from almost a stop to 60 to not get run over merging....

LA is the same way. The onramps are comically short and people are going probably 80mph. I sit at the ramp and wait to launch and even in my car I'm just at cruising speed when I hit the highway.

missing why you shouldn't get a hellcat good sir.

700hp in a car that's not known for it's handling prowess with 1000 foot drop-offs when (not if) I make a mistake and dial up a little too much throttle in a turn. I'd give myself a day before I made the back end the front end and put it through the roof of someone's house.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I'll be honest, none of that looked impressive :dunno:

I didn't see even 1 cliff or drop off.

After the 1 minute mark everything to the right is drop-off. If you go off you go off. You just don't see it because I have the camera mounted on the bottom of the front bumper.

But impressive was a term you used, not me. I'm just making the point that the roads up here allow you to take advantage of a car's handling capabilities.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Yes, I'm bragging about the roads that I had no hand in creating and also I own a GoPro camera because you fucking poors couldn't hope to ever be able to live the lifestyle that affords such luxuries as a tiny camera with a bad battery. Get on my fucking level. :rofl:

On another note, in 10 years of trolling you've failed to get better at it at all. You should hang up your hat and just try being the nice guy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info