How much would you pay for this RR Phantom

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
i dont want to know what it would take to fix the suspension, plus the engine sounds like an old school bus.
how....is that 40k?

With all 4 wheels down on the ground like that it's probably the compressor. So while it looks bad it might be a relatively inexpensive fix. A lot of the other stuff is aesthetics.

The only thing I saw in the video that would scare me is the engine issue but a short Google search shows that the engine is a BMW V12. The make or break would be whether it's an off the shelf BMW engine or something specifically made for Rolls Royce by BMW. If it's the latter than you're probably SOL.

If someone put that car in front of me for $40,000 I'd take a chance on it. If the engine is fixable the rest of it is just a lot of small stuff and since the Rolls is hand built and everything is wrapped in leather it would theoretically be easier to have an upholstery shop take care of the small stuff. But say you put 40k into it and then another 20k into fixing it and you've got the car for 60k. The cheapest one in the country right now (that I can find) is $130k. Sell yours for 80k and you'll find a buyer.

At 40k though, if you get it and the engine is toast you're not going to lose money parting it out. Parts for quarter million dollar cars are expensive.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info