Bolt-on 5.0 Mustang vs pullied Cobra

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
Anyone know anything about these blocks? I heard back when they first came out that they make and handle alot of power but the cylinder walls are actually hard plate coated and if u scratch them that your screwed they can't be bored out?

I'm sure if thats the case you can at least re-sleeve it

how much power and boost is a pullied termy making anyhow?

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I'm sure if thats the case you can at least re-sleeve it

how much power and boost is a pullied termy making anyhow?

About 450/450 is normal for a 2.8 uppper/CAI/Tune termy. People on SVTP are crying belt slip and the more I watch the video, the more I think they are right. Sounds like thats happening, but as Dominic Toretto says.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDOr0GjI3Zw

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Anyone know anything about these blocks? I heard back when they first came out that they make and handle alot of power but the cylinder walls are actually hard plate coated and if u scratch them that your screwed they can't be bored out?

That is the GT500 block. The Coyote uses a normal sleeved block. They have a cylinder wall issue. They can flex when making 800 rwhp or so. After market, thicker and stronger sleeves are what people are doing to make more than that. Ford Racing Performance Parts is working on a race block for the Coyote. We can hope with the new engine coming soon it may have a stronger block that earlier coyote can use.

About 450/450 is normal for a 2.8 uppper/CAI/Tune termy. People on SVTP are crying belt slip and the more I watch the video, the more I think they are right. Sounds like thats happening, but as Dominic Toretto says.......

The 03/04 cobra guys on SVTP get soo butt hurt over a well running 5.0. Their minds can't process that a newer car can be better than their 10 year old car. :picard:

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
The 03/04 cobra guys on SVTP get soo butt hurt over a well running 5.0. Their minds can't process that a newer car can be better than their 10 year old car. :picard:

A lot of them get butt hurt over any NA car running well over their magical boosted 4v that is in their eyes the best thing ever made.

Don't get me wrong, I love termi's, but some owners can't believe a NA car can run with their modified blown car.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO

A lot of them get butt hurt over any NA car running well over their magical boosted 4v that is in their eyes the best thing ever made.

Don't get me wrong, I love termi's, but some owners can't believe a NA car can run with their modified blown car.

I can not stand 95% of 03/04 Cobra owners who think the fucking cars are gods gift to man and greater then anything built today even.

I made a post on Termigram FB page saying how I hate the "Teminator" name because I just see it as a Mustang. The butthurt that followed was epic.

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
In 03/04 it was the shit. Well it's 10 years later and there's a whole new car out there from every maker.

Am I biased. Of course I own a termi, will I get beat by stuff of course. That's life.

However I don't think anyone can deny that for its time the bang for the buck was impressive.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info