Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The GPS tracking was for Japan only (and was meant to enable and disable features based on whether you were at a racetrack or not) and pretty sure was only for the first year run of the car.

A few trans broke and Nissan was initially blaming LC but warrantied them anyway. Fairly certain the first failure car was shown to have an abnormal amount of launches :rofl:

They later adjusted LC to be less aggressive but just as effective.

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
Will it void the warranty if used..... Aka gtr launch control haha.

But badass. 1 less thing for racers to purchase

8swDvqb.png

Apparently, kinda.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I really don't see the problem here. You race it, you face the burden of possibly paying for the shit. You break something in the act of racing it, not under normal circumstances, I wouldn't expect Ford to do shit. Then again, I own the truck they said "yeah, go ahead and jump it" and started denying bent frame claims because of their own negligence and poor frame/bump stop design. :rofl:

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
I really don't see the problem here. You race it, you face the burden of possibly paying for the shit. You break something in the act of racing it, not under normal circumstances, I wouldn't expect Ford to do shit. Then again, I own the truck they said "yeah, go ahead and jump it" and started denying bent frame claims because of their own negligence and poor frame/bump stop design. :rofl:

You zinged yerself!

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I don't want to see someone take their car to the track once in 2014, and then in 2015 when their trans is slipping, 50k miles later, Ford goes "well you used line lock once, so no."

They have had a "clutch protection" programmed into the ECU for a while. I am sure if things are not going as they should the ECU will save parts.

Cool feature that most racers install anyways. One less thing to install!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info