Worthwhile to put my car back to stock to sell?

Return to stock or sell as-is?

• Total voters

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I believe next year after I get married, the plan is to sell my current Mustang and pick up a newer 5.0. The old 2V needs some maintenance work that comes from having a thirteen year old car. I don't really want to dump any more money into it. And I'd like some of the modern tech in the newer cars.

I know I'm going to get hosed on selling it no matter which route I go.

I'm wondering if I should attempt to put it back to stock and sell the performance parts, or attempt to sell as-is on a car forum (I don't think a dealership would want to deal with it). I would have to replace all the aftermarket parts with stock parts that I no longer have. I know I'd likely be able to get most of it cheap.

Here are all the aftermarket parts on the car:

2.1L Kenne Bell set-up, inter-cooled

JLT cold-air

Maximum Motorsports adjustable lowers

Strange 10 way adjustable shocks/struts

Built Transmission with a PI 3200 stall (this would likely stay with the car, not sure worth it to remove and replace with stocker)

31 spline axles/carrier with 3.73 gears

Bassani catted x-pipe with Mac Pro dumps

I also have an '03 Cobra block and some forged internals (crank, rods, pistons) I'm going to be selling as well.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
A dealer would give him nothing for his car. They cant really turn around and make any profit on it...just as much as hes gonna struggle to sell it.

99% of dealers yes, I'm just saying maybe a place like Chicagomotorcars would buy it without giving him nothing for it, and may have something he would want trade it in on.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
You dont have the mechanical ability to return it to stock yourself, so I mean, you're pretty much stuck with selling what you have. It also likely makes best financial sense to sell it as is, you'll get more for it. Your parts have LOTS of age on them, so they won't command much as individual parts.

Thread Info