• SOMETHING ELSE YOU DIDNT THINK OF YET

Votes: 8 10.3%

• Total voters

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I'm selling the TA. It's hit the goals I've set for it, and I really don't want to go faster in that car as it'll take considerably more money and time. I love the car, but its time to move onto something else.

I've put a lot of thought into various replacements... but I'm curious what TCG has to say as well. I'll list out the options I've thought through... then hopefully TCG will add a few more in for me.

12-14 CTS-V - This is currently my fav option. PROs: Ability to cruise comfortably, 556HP, 4 doors, aggresive appearance, mods aren't too expensive to get into 700HP range. CONs: It's a GM! The interior is going to suck. These cars are known to have some issues - what they are, I'm not entirely sure... but I've already ran into a '12 that had a lemon title listed north of 50k still. Will I get one that has issues? Not sure. Scary to buy used though as lemon law no longer protects you. LSA motor? I guess I'm OK with that... but I yearn for it to be an actual LS9 instead.

bQ_640.jpg

13-14 GT500 - Second choice. Big pro for this car is the 662HP rating... BIG CON for this car is.... its still just a Mustang with a $6xk pricetag. I sat in a brand new '14 at an unnamed dealer just the other day and felt little to no magic. Sad really. It feels just like the GT I already own... but the shifter and clutch feel like a straight up race car. Not very appealing IMO. BUT - it is a Shelby freaking Cobra. Pretty cool none the less.

The one I sat in looked identical:
$_4.JPG

C6Z - Pretty much any year C6 would do. It's a C6Z, what else is there to say? Everyone knows them, everyone has one. Nothing very exciting about them other than they're bloody fast in bone stock form.

louiszr11.JPG

The question Mook needed answered:

GT-Rs - Definitely an option in the price range I'm looking at... but can't get into the '13 that I'd really want for my budget. That and modding one of these things just won't be in the finances for me, so I'd have to be OK with it in stock form. Very unlikely that would be the case. God knows I'll break it too.... then it'll break me. At least my wallet. Not really willing to sign up for that.

Nissan_GT-R_20090614_rear.JPG

Now comes your part, TCG! What am I neglecting to consider? Budget should be around 60k, but could stretch to 75 for the PERFECT car.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Some other options:

997 911 Turbo (top of price range)
M5
S6
Boss 302
C7 Z51

None of which are bad ideas... but anything euro leaves me with little option for modifications without spending HUGE dollars. The porsche actually sounds intriging. I've always wanted one... but its kind of the car I picture retiring my car hobby to. Like when I'm done looking for the next challenge, that'll be the car that is in my garage.

purely a thought... merely a toss out idea... throw it right back if you aren't havin' it :rofl:

just make sure to park properly at BWW.... otherwise feel thy wrath of thy spat.

As much as I love to look at a Viper... not sure its for me.

Thread Info