SteelSeal question

Woodbutcher

Woodbutcher
Aug 5, 2012
Plainfield il
I have a 2000 ford Countour with a possible head gasket leak or a warped head. The car is worth about $1200 but I use it as my daily driver because I get 25-27 mpg and drive 100 miles a day to and from work. I can have the head gaskets replaced for $1500 if that's the problem or it could be worse if it's a warped head. So the question is has anyone used this product? And if so did it work? Thinking about giving it a shot to keep the car going or I will just cut my losses now and move on to a newer vehicle for work. Thanks in advance.
Has anyone used a similar product to this?

Woodbutcher

Woodbutcher
Aug 5, 2012
Plainfield il
Usually all that stuff does is plug up your heater core. If its your daily and you need to depend on it fix it right once instead of a band aid that will cause more harm than good. If the head needs to be decked the price will be higher. Is the car a v6 or 4 cyl?

V6 daily driver up until now, now I am on the fence of a quick fix and driving it into the ground or just dumping it off as is. Not going to put $1500-$2000 into a car worth $1200.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Woodbutcher
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list