Put the ST on the dyno today. Not bad.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Had the ST at Boomba Racing's Open House today.

227whp and 257lb/ft Torque on their Mustang dyno. Factory stock car down to the regular old 91 octane.

FocusST_dyno_10-12-13.png

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I had boomba send me a better Dyno Graph. This time the TQ and HP are using the same scale so its easier to visually compare the runs and power bands with other dyno's.

You can see just how flat the torque is from 2500-4500rpm its nearly 250lb/ft at the wheels the whole way. Really makes the car hard to be in the wrong gear in most driving. The turbo will fully spool by 1700rpm, though its not as responsive as it is at 2000rpm.

After looking at Tuning threads the other day I also noticed that Ford closes the throttle on WOT runs when stock. So when your foot is to the floor, its not always 100% throttle, it may be 80% throttle. The tune is designed to meet the 270lb/ft rating and not exceed it, so there is some variability in the actual throttle blade position based on some factors. This is why the car gains so much torque down low with the tunes. It doesn't allow the throttle blade to close, 100% throttle at the pedal is 100% throttle opening at the butterfly.

Really makes me want a tune reading those threads, people really say it turns the car into an animal on boost, even now the front end will dance a bit in 3rd gear.

Focus_ST_Dyno2.png

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
This is ol' pi 2v territory :lmao:

Still miss my 2v though

Funnily enough I did line up against two mustangs at the Fall Rental.

In both cases I trapped very closely but lost both times. We were close enough that if I had tree'd them its possible I could have won.

The newer grey GT out-trapped me, 99.2 to my 97.9. Our R/T's and 60fts were nearly identical.

The older red GT beat me out of the hole. I out-trapped him while carrying a 160lb passenger. With the passenger and with some more experience in launching the car its possible I could have beat him.

In either case that was the first time I had the car at the strip so it was a day of learning and trying not to screw up. No mis-shifts though. Perfect shift every time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StqMCy2W0J0

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Ill buy the first beer afterwards . :) Nice vid though . You can still get to 14.0 with 97 mph .

Some have done it, I probably won't without more practice, and certainly not in this colder weather.

Next year I'll have a tune on it. Which is worth about 30hp and about 100lb/ft torque at the wheels. :riski:

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
As long as the line is warm and prepped right you can do it . My best time last year in the mustang was November 18th at GLD as the sun was going down .

That record was broken last Saturday at GLD at night time . You can do it . :)

Go for the practice at the line .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info