Emissions Testing Guy Didn't Really Assist Me With My Question or Issues

ajdereicup

Measly little 4.6 2v in a boat
Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
So I go to get my car emissions tested again feeling all like :fy: my cars going to pass again just like last time no problem. Guy tells me I friggen fail. I'm in shock and he tells me go around to the office and they'll explain more. So I pull around and whip out my old test result sheet where I passed before going in trying to figure it out myself.

My PASS test results are EXACTLY the same as my FAIL one? I start getting pissed so I go in and start talking to the guy and he's like it says the stuffs not supported. I'm like ok I understand that. But I passed last time and showed it to him. And he's like well this time you didn't. I'm like did they change the regulations on it? And he's like ummmm they changed the computer a month ago. Wait no a week ago. It's like ok well then why didn't it pass this time when it was the exact same as last time? And he's like well on your current test sheet it says your sensors weren't supported for some reason so theres some kinda problem in there you need to fix. I'm like yeah but when I passed the sheet says they weren't supported either.

So yeah wtf? Did they change the regulations? Or were they just being dicks? Or wtf's going on? I'm confused as shit cause its the exact same results as last time yet now they say it's not good enough apparently and fail me? I REALLY don't want to have to go get the car tuned until I have all the things I'm doing to it done and then have it tuned with a tune for all out and then one I can switch to for emissions if need be just not ready for it really.

I know the rear o2 sensors are turned off but it past last time like that? And when he was pointing out everything that was not supported he was like randomly guessing at which ones I needed to have supported and not it seemed like. He was like ummmm these ones you don't need. And these ones you do like I said seeming like he was just guessing?

If they were just being douches then anyone know where they're more leaniant? Or what I could do to fix this without doing the whole new tune and paying out the ass for that shit? Maybe is it possible to show them the old one that I passed and them pass me again when they test it and see its the exact same? (that is if they didn't change the regulations which he said they didnt :dunno:)

ajdereicup

Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
Sooo read through it all. Need an o2 emulator and then to find someone to switch the rear o2's back on? Do they need to switch anything else back on? Because nothing is supported on the report except the comprehensive component and the fuel system performance and I was letting my anger get to me so I wasn't really paying attention when he was pointing out what he was guessing needed to be supported. But he pointed at the A/C refrigerant needed to be supported which I'm pretty sure it wouldn't?

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Not supported and incomplete are two different things, I could see being incomplete tests it will fail but if its not supported ok that vehicle doesn't support all those tests, unless it shows not supported for all the tests?.Can you post up a pic of the sheet where you were passed? And the failed one? You can blank out any info (vin, etc.)

ajdereicup

Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
Yeah cause I'm kinda freaking the hell out right now and I'm sure others with Fords may run into this problem too. With the XCAL I'm just trying to figure out how the hell to turn the o2 sensors back on easy and I'm going to need a tuner sooner or later preferably later.

They're trying to turn this state into friggen comiefornia it seems...

photo07082252.jpg

^^^Old where it passed

photo07082253_1.jpg

^^^New where it failed. Looks the same except the paper its on and the one saying pass the other saying reject....

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
Not sure how Fords work, but with the LS1 computer I was able to force it to report Ready/No Error Reported on all those readiness monitors.

I went through with wide open exhaust, a huge cam, and it running so rich the guys eyes were watering up...He passed me with flying colors. :D

ajdereicup

Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
Yeah I read on that one thread the Chebby boys don't have the problems because you can do that on them. Where the Fords won't let you. Looking for an simulator so I can hopefully see if that works but not having too much luck so far finding one specific for my car. But have seen some things about how to make them at home for dirt cheap.... May need to enlist the help of my brother soldering

ajdereicup

Oct 30, 2012
Lombard

ajdereicup

Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
From what I've heard from a guy who works at an emissions place the testing parameters were changed at the end of June. The catalytic and o2 need to be supported or the car will fail.

I'm applying for Race Car exemption

You friends with this guy? Able to hook a brother up?:pedobear:

Well isn't the cat converter efficiency crap run off of the o2 sensor? So if the o2 sensors off it wont be able to read for the cat either?

Who wants to turn on my o2 sensors so I can play with ways to trick those worthless POS little fuckers. God damn crack whore sensors

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info