torque gauge?

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I doubt you would be able to make it work on your truck. They probably just take the TQ numbers off of an engine dyno and replace the gauge face of a tach with the TQ numbers at a given RPM. Ex. 5000rpm= 250 ftlbs, 2000 rpms= 120 ft lbs. etc.

I dont see any other way it could be done, as the gauge likely doesnt measure actual torque output of the engine.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
the computer saves a torque map in the computer for the transmission.. if you use a tech II you can see this reading while you are driving the car...it is RPM and MAP based so it isnt very accurate. but i suppose since any GM vehicle 96 or higher has this info it would theoretically be possible to display this on a gauge like the SSR does, but impractical for the trouble it would be

UWISHU1

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2004
Hanover Park
ssr-extra-gauges.jpg

this is pretty awesome, I never knew they came equipped with these.

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
I have a digital torque gauge on my RPD in my Cobalt. I don't think it's based solely on a torque map though. Since it varies a lot when I'm driving and how much I hit the gas I'd say it's pretty accurate. Honestly though, I have no idea how it works but It does look cool though.

Last edited:

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
I have a digital torque gauge on my RPD in my Cobalt. I don't think it's based solely on a torque map though. Since it varies a lot when I'm driving and how much I hit the gas I'd say it's pretty accurate. Honestly though, I have no idea how it works but It does look cool though.

if it were torque map based, which it is, it would behave exactly as you described.

I can just about guarantee the map is based on RPM and engine load (which is based on vacuum, MAF, and I believe TPS inputs). Mod the motor at all, and those calculations are going to be inaccurate for the most part.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info