Weak heat

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
The car in question is a 2008 Grand Prix.

When the car gets to operating temps, the heat is warm for about 10 seconds then cools off.

Coolant level is normal. The HVAC seems to be operating normal. The only thing left would be the heater core correct?

After looking up directions to remove it, I said fuck that. It's most likely blocked due to dexshit. Would a full coolant flush unblock it?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
before spending the time doing that check to see of one of the heater core hoses is a fair bit cooler than the other indicating a lack of flow

if both are nice and hot id start looking at the blend door servo's

I didn't think of that. Ill pass that along.

I thought it was an electrical problem. I guess 04+ GPs were experiencing them, but after hearing the motors working properly, I figured they were fine. :dunno:

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
I didn't think of that. Ill pass that along.

I thought it was an electrical problem. I guess 04+ GPs were experiencing them, but after hearing the motors working properly, I figured they were fine. :dunno:

Motors/servos can be fine with broke doors in the inside.

If it is a clog, but you are getting some heat, you do not have a 100% clog and may be able to flush it out. There are chemicals that help break it down when flushing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info