Wideband AFR gauge install

Charlie_Boy7

Addict
May 10, 2010
University Park, IL
Real Name
Charles
Is it difficult? The youtube vid i saw kind of skipped around and didnt help a whole lot. Ive done radio installs.. is the wiring anymore complicated than that? Which 02 gauge does it replace or will i have to have a bung for another one? sorry but im a newb when it comes to certain repairs/installs. looking to mount it on the pillar (after i pick a digital one with a black face)

6literEat'r

TCG Elite Member
Oct 21, 2008
^^that, just take the pipe off, and take it to an exhaust shop and tell them where you want it, and have em weld a bung in, inless you got connections to anyone with a welder.

reason i say take the pipe off is because im not sure where exactley you want the sensor, and i doubt an exhaust shop is gonna wanna fight drilling/welding a bung in in an awkward spot.

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
18x1.5 bung, any exhaust shop will have it in stock. You'll want it around +/-20" downstream for your car, the end of the DP, before or after the flex-pipe but BEFORE the cat will be optimal and is what I always did.

The wiring is simple. (Roughly) You'll have a harness or controller that will plug into the sensor's harness. On the other end, you'll have a ground, 12v switched (You'll feed this with a fuse block, or off the Radio's harness.) and an individual length of wire which will be routed and plugged to/into the Gauge itself.

I haven't checked my messages on the other site, but I think I've got one from you. I'll get on that shortly. Hahaha.

Charlie_Boy7

Addict
May 10, 2010
University Park, IL
Real Name
Charles
What type of car? Mine is in the down pipe after the primary o2 and before the cat. Closer it is to the firewall the better because it makes running the wires that much easier.

Ah, so it will work.. thats actually where I was attempting to say i wanted it for that exact reason, but you worded it WAY better lol. And for that.. I thank you. Would you happen to have a pic of your gauge? The style i want most seems to only work with narrowband

18x1.5 bung, any exhaust shop will have it in stock. You'll want it around +/-20" downstream for your car, the end of the DP, before or after the flex-pipe but BEFORE the cat will be optimal and is what I always did.

The wiring is simple. (Roughly) You'll have a harness or controller that will plug into the sensor's harness. On the other end, you'll have a ground, 12v switched (You'll feed this with a fuse block, or off the Radio's harness.) and an individual length of wire which will be routed and plugged to/into the Gauge itself.

I haven't checked my messages on the other site, but I think I've got one from you. I'll get on that shortly. Hahaha.

Haha thanks man. Yea i sent you one tho. Depending on your reply i should be able to finish the exhaust and gauge install in one trip to the shop

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I actually just took one yesterday. Disregard the fuel pressure gauge hanging by the wires. It's just temporary. This is the AEM uego.

Attachments

• photo_001.jpg
    photo_001.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 40

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
This is not required...but I would suggest running the ground to the engine block. On the L67, you can use one of the unused bracket holes on the head. I believe you'll need a M10x20 bolt and with a ring terminal. This will help minimize voltage offsets of the AFR signal.

Edit: For power, you can use a Add-A-Circuit and use power from the fusebox. Use a circuit that is not used continously...like the power seats or power door locks.

HTH

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
Haha thanks man. Yea i sent you one tho. Depending on your reply i should be able to finish the exhaust and gauge install in one trip to the shop

:bigthumb:

I actually just took one yesterday. Disregard the fuel pressure gauge hanging by the wires. It's just temporary. This is the AEM uego.

I have had terrible luck with Uegos over the years. A bunch of guys I know having similar results. I'm hoping that cool new FailSafe gauge of theirs is a bit better on the quality index, it actually looks like it could potentially steal my business back from Innovate.

(For Ref: Google Uego Melting or Uego not working.) lol.

This is not required...but I would suggest running the ground to the engine block. On the L67, you can use one of the unused bracket holes on the head. I believe you'll need a M10x20 bolt and with a ring terminal. This will help minimize voltage offsets of the AFR signal.

Edit: For power, you can use a Add-A-Circuit and use power from the fusebox. Use a circuit that is not used continously...like the power seats or power door locks.

HTH

On his car, he has the Bellhousing bolts about a foot from the Bulkhead's harness grommet. They've got a pretty well grounded dash frame though, so indeed not necessary.

And a :bigthumb: to the Add-A-Circuit, though if going that route, I'd just go with a new Cabin fuseblock for the ability to add more later. That little thing does look pretty nifty. My first time hearing of them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info