kawasaki ninja 750

One of my friends has a project bike that has been sitting forever. I finally convinced him to get rid of it and he has offered to sell it to me for a good price (like relly good!). Its in pieces tho, but he has all the parts, so this basically just means im taking on another project. I just wanted to get your guys opinion on the build, can it be done by somebody who has only worked on cars and trucks, bikes aren't my thing, plus i need to weld aluminum for part of the frame but that shouldn't be a problem.

http://i.imgur.com/YqKRr5Y.jpg

utryd2

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 3, 2009
North Aurora
i agree with avoiding frame work, but the part that needs to be welded is where the seat is mounted, its not a structural piece. I Think im going to take the project on. I'll let you guys know the progress and im hoping you will be here for support if i need help!

Im rebuilding a gsxr and one of the mounts for the subframe (seat mount) was broke. I opted to buy a clean frame with title to use instead. If it broke the mount you never know how it stressed the rest of the frame. Could be bent/twisted slightly etc...I didnt want to chance it cuz its my ass riding it. Check ebay for the seat or bike forums. Shouldnt be to hard to find. Good luck on the build!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info