Hot Rod Magazine's Roadkill videos

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I've posted these before but just watched them all over again. Each episode they do Top Gear-like challenges but in full-on `Merican-hillbilly-backyard-wrenching-put-nitrous-on-it-and-pray fashion. They often fly somewhere with a budget, buy a car and fix it up in the seller's driveway or a parts store and then drive it some insane distance or race it on or off road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gBxdfUs8v0

On this episode of Roadkill, David Freiburger and Mike Finnegan of HOT ROD magazine fly out of town, buy a car from a junkyard, make it run and drive, do burnouts, add nitrous, drag race twice, almost die, and the auction off the car at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkBe7wBy_fY

On this episode of Roadkill, HOT ROD's David Freiburger and Mike Finnegan join Fred Williams and Rick Péwé of Peterson's 4-Wheel & Off-Road magazine to compete in the infamous Cheap Truck Challenge. Riding into battle with a modded 1979 Bronco, they face-off against a rock-ready 1980 Toyota Pickup and a beastly 1987 Chevy Suburban in a cash-strapped quest for ultimate off-road glory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gfQ4jzUEwU

On this episode of Roadkill, Freiburger and Finnegan do unspeakable things to a '74 Jaguar XJ12, one of about 4,700 made. Namely, they cut a giant hole in the hood and install a Weiand 6-71 supercharger and twin Holley carburetors on the 350ci Chevy V8 that was already installed in the car when it was purchased for $1,000. But things can never be easy, so the supercharger installation is staged in the parking lot of Gotelli Speed Shop in South San Francisco.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Good video content, but those guys are so LAME. The guy with the lisp drives me nuts. I just watched the one where they take the new GT500 vs the ZL1 and the dude was in flipflops complaining about not being able to ham fist the GT500 into third. Someone needs to teach him to let the shifter do the work. The one with the Lambo and the rat rod was gay too. The Jag video was cool. But man they are really lame. Im not saying I could do better, or would be more interesting, but still from a viewer perspective I was left wanting. Too bad, they have good topics, just bad execution.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Are you watching the same videos :rofl: Guys wrenching into the night, slapping a 150 shot on an unknown motor in a 65 Cuda they bought and built in a junkyard next to a drag strip? Then trapping 110 mph with no windows?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
After watching Top Gear for 10 plus years, it was great in its prime and is still fun to watch on occasion when they do something special but def not the novelty it once was. Melodramatic and scripted doesn't do it for me anymore.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
New episode! Now with more Prius destruction.

On this episode of Roadkill, a tank squashes a Prius to smithereens! It runs over that junk without even noticing. That's all you really need to know about this episode of Roadkill, but if you jump straight to the tank carnage you'll miss a bunch of cool stuff. Like when Freiburger and Finnegan attempt a shootout between a Toyota Prius hybrid and a '75 AMC Gremlin, trying to prove that the Gremmie is more of a greenie. It was all fun and games until the Prius engine let go on the race track in a ball of flame. Because Roadkill. After that, you've gotta see the guys once again embrace their own Kryptonite: flat-towing. Yup, as it turns out, dragging a dead Prius with a lighter, smaller Gremlin ends real badly. But in the end, the Prius is wafer thin and the Gremlin's still on the road. Still want to jump right to the tank smash? Don't be that guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7DFzl6ZU5k

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
FUCK YEAH

These guys are doing an LS7 swap with 670-hp on their crusher Camaro, and will be doing it live :rofl:

Hey, it's David Freiburger from HOT ROD magazine here! Holley has given me the keys to the Holley Facebook page for a little while so I can post about ROADKILL LIVE, where we will be swapping an LS engine into the Crusher Camaro on live video December 12-14 using Holley parts.

We'll drive the car with its Weiand-blown big-block from LA to Indy, do the swap live at the PRI show, then drive home with LS7 power. Read all the info at the link, and stick around for the blow-by-blow of this big adventure.

Roadkill LIVE Coming December 12-14, 2013: Watch Us Swap an LS Engine at the PRI Trade Show - Hot Rod Magazine Blog

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info