body work??

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
from whit i hear my sisters boyfriend was backing out of the driveway and scraped his car against hers. toyota sequoia i believe against a nissin rouge. im still waiting on pictures to see how much damage was actually done. they do not want to file against the ins co because they just had a claim on one of the cars and dont want to raise the rates. they are near lake and gary. and good shops around taht wont entirelly rip them a new one?

R53 DeceptiCoop

No Dick Team Octane?
Apr 9, 2012
Wheaton, IL
from whit i hear my sisters boyfriend was backing out of the driveway and scraped his car against hers. toyota sequoia i believe against a nissin rouge. im still waiting on pictures to see how much damage was actually done. they do not want to file against the ins co because they just had a claim on one of the cars and dont want to raise the rates. they are near lake and gary. and good shops around taht wont entirelly rip them a new one?

JJ Kustoms 630-338-9410 he just got a nice paint bay out in aurora, about a 25 minute drive. Good work, great prices, cool dude. If you do give him a call, tell him Jared recommended him.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Depending on how bad it is, you may be able to fix it yourself. I was backing out of the garage in the Lumina way back in the day, and scraped the side of our old Astro. No body damage, except for some paint transfer on both cars. I used some rubbing compound on both and it took care of it.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
there is damage. a quarter pan. needs to be replaced from my under standing. she is going to look around this week. i just wanted to ask around. she is looking to get a repacement quarter pan. online so it is basically just paint that is needed. so it shuld not be to bad.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Why dont they shop around at a few and compare prices?? I dont think it matters where you go, if they think you have no sense they will see you coming a mile away regardless of the shop if they think they can get more out of you.

The actual car dealers bodyshops use are normally the best

There is so much that doesn't make sense in this that it hurts my head to reply

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
It's not hard to figure out. OP has 2 cars with body damage, he's asking here who knows of a good place that won't charge an arm and a leg....

Blown 346 is basically saying to make sure you shop around, and to know what you want to do with the car so a body shop doesn't look at you like you're a n00b and take advantage of you.

:dunno:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
there is damage. a quarter pan. needs to be replaced from my under standing. she is going to look around this week. i just wanted to ask around. she is looking to get a repacement quarter pan. on line so it is basically just paint that is needed. so it shuld be to bad.

Decipher this for me.

It's not hard to figure out. OP has 2 cars with body damage, he's asking here who knows of a good place that won't charge an arm and a leg....

Blown 346 is basically saying to make sure you shop around, and to know what you want to do with the car so a body shop doesn't look at you like you're a n00b and take advantage of you.

:dunno:

Exactly. If shops know you dont have the slightest clue they will rake you over the coals regardless of where you go.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
As I have posted 4,595 times, go to kdx up by me. Best work you will get done for the money. He painted my car and it's incredible.

I was referring to dealership body shops being "the best". :rofl: that could be true but not in every case by a long shot. Not even in the realm of making sense let alone being something that can be said like that.

Additionally, what shop you go to really does matter, especially for something as serious as a quarter panel replacement.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info