How do you guys shut her off?

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Key only. I was taught during the MSF course many years ago that the kill switch should only be used for emergency. Regular use of the kill switch could wear it out over time and in the event of emergency run the chance of it not working.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Key only. I was taught during the MSF course many years ago that the kill switch should only be used for emergency. Regular use of the kill switch could wear it out over time and in the event of emergency run the chance of it not working.

When I took it this year they preached about using the kill switch every time. :dunno:

ChromeCobra

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2005

Not a good idea IMO. In the unfortunate event of an emergency you're not going to want to take one hand off the handlebars.

If you're in the habit of taking your hand off the handle bar and turning the key to the off position to shut off the bike during normal operation. Guess what you'll do to shut off the bike in a emergency?

You should be in the habit of using the kill switch that way if/when there is an emergency, muscle memory will do its job.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info