Need a few parts: where to go & which brand to get?

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
First and foremost, I need some new wiper blades. I've had the Bosch Icon in the past and was impressed. We recently tried the Rain X Lattitude ones on my GF's Civic and I was pretty disapointed with those. The windshield treatment was applied as directed, but they sqeaked a lot and didn't wipe very well.

I need a 21" and a 24" Preferably the "beam" style/aero ones. What brands would you guys recommend, and has anyone seen any great deals or prices?

Next up, I need a new remote start module. My 2011 Outlander Sport SE is picky because of the FASTkey push to start system. I already have (installed) an EVO-CAN CANbus interface module. I just want 2-way signals, and to be able to use my door push-to-enter button. I am aware that secure take-over is not possible. I've looked at sonicelectronix.com a bit. Any reviews on that retailer? Prices seem OK, but I'd of course shop around before buying.

Last, this is still a maybe, I'm thinking about some winter rims & tires. Steel wheels are fine with me, with or w/o hub caps. Does anyone know where to get some cheap steel wheels? I've found them for about $60 -$65 + tax. Otherwise, does anyone know of a j-yard that sells rims cheap? Normal Outlander rims will work. Desired size is 16x6.5 with 5x114.3 lug pattern.

Thanks!

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
What offset on the rims? That's the same size and bolt pattern as stock wbody rims as well as 5 lug civics (06+).

Stock 16" (06+) civic rims are +45 offset.

I've used Bosches, rain-x and Michelin brand blade type wipers. Bosches are where it's at. Michelin and rain-x both squeak like hell like you've found out.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Ah never mind.

Tire rack is where I looked to get those numbers.
Your best bet is to look for a winter setup already put together. Too bad it's the wrong season to get a deal! On the plus side there are tons of cars/suv's with that bolt pattern and offset.

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
Well, I snagged some rims for CHEAP. They are OEM 2006 Hyundai Sonata rims, exact same specs. 16x6.5, 5x114.3, 45mm offset, 67.1mm hub bore. Set of 4, all in great shape for $80 cash, picked up. Guy seems nice and straight forward via PM, so I'm confident that they will be as good in person, but we'll see tomorrow.

Obviously, the center caps have GTG. Once I get them I'm going to measure the center opening and there are a bunch of 90's eclipse center caps on e-bay new & used for around $25 a set. Hopefully those will fit, as most newer Mitsu's don't use caps, just logo milled into the rim.

$(KGrHqJ,!j!FBt4d+f7qBQcw1!h5j!~~60_57.JPG

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
I'll rattle can you black.

Initial plan was to buy w/e I could find and rattlecan/plasti-dip my way to a half decent look, but the finish on these is in good shape from the pics, and for $80+$25 I have a hard time passing up a set that could easily pass as OEM for $105...

We'll see. While my 18's sleep for the winter I will probably plasti-dip them. I'd like to get them re-finished as there are a LOT of rock chips in them already, but that sounds expensive.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info