THE OFFICIAL 4x4/Dirt Bike/ ATV/ Subaru Wagon Offroading Thread

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Let's make a common place for us to discuss, coordinate, plan anything related to wheeling. Post up places you know of to wheel with an address/ cross street and I will update the OP.

Offroading Spots

-The Cliffs Insane Terrain

A decent 300 acre local park only an hour or so from the Chicagoland area, all you need is a trail flag and a $13 admission fee. Open 9:00-5:00 Friday, Saturday and Sunday until November 1st. Only gripe is that many of the trails have been raped by trucks with 35" + tires, making some difficult ruts for the smaller crowd, and many tight trails make it difficult for anything much bigger than a grand cherokee to fit. (Pickup trucks have a VERY tough time.)

Good for Smaller 4x4's, ATV's, Dirt Bikes

2681 East Route 6
in Marseilles, IL 61341

-Badlands Offroad Park
I've never personally been, but from word of mouth, this place is awesome. It's a touch under 800 acres, and has plenty of different things to offer. Dedicated areas for bikes and ATV's, as well as plenty of large trails for full size trucks. They also offer camping areas, which is great to compensate for the 3.5 hour drive from the Chicagoland area.

Good for just about anything, even Subaru Wagons! Dedicated areas for ATV's and bikes gives alot of peace of mind as well, as they are often difficult to spot out in a truck with muddy windows.

Badlands Off Road Park
3968 North Xavier
Attica, IN 47918

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
This could be me. 2" drop to like a 4" lift :rofl: :fy:

982007051.jpg

Rally3.jpg

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
But just like the Parking lot, I don't want to list my private spots :drums: But I have some pretty cool non tresspassing yet still sort of gray area places we can go.

Word, the place we went in lombard is sort of a grey area as well.

True. Only place I really know is in Crystal Lake and it's not that big and a lot of the trails have overgrown or been abandoned.

Also behind an old folk's home and that surely doesn't help.

I hear ya... Carter, I know where you're talking about and yes, they started cracking down on it more recently.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I can cruise out by you guys this weekend and we can do some wheelin.

Fran are you coming by me today to go wheel?

I was planning on going to Luke's tonight, I'm stuck in class until 7:00 I'm going to be free between shows again at work for a few hours on Saturday, possibly then? I'd have to find a 24 hour coin wash nearby though, as I have to use the Jeep for work, don't want to show up to work with it looking like that :rofl:

School Boy

Spray the cubic inch at it!
Mar 28, 2011
I was planning on going to Luke's tonight, I'm stuck in class until 7:00 I'm going to be free between shows again at work for a few hours on Saturday, possibly then? I'd have to find a 24 hour coin wash nearby though, as I have to use the Jeep for work, don't want to show up to work with it looking like that :rofl:

ok cool. There a coin was a on North ave. kinda by strats.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info