Bugatti Veyron at the Dragstrip

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
Not impressed for well over a million dollars.

Kind of lame actually when one thinks of what one COULD get out of a $20,000.00 car with $100,000.00 worth of add-ons.

I guess I don't get it. I'd rather build one myself, send my kids to college, buy Stately Wayne Manor, and retire well, than have just a car.

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007

Kind of lame actually when one thinks of what one COULD get out of a $20,000.00 car with $100,000.00 worth of add-ons.

I guess I don't get it. I'd rather build one myself, send my kids to college, buy Stately Wayne Manor, and retire well, than have just a car.

I wanted to say it but I did not want to deal with haters.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX

The people that own a car like that, can do all that and still afford the car.

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
With that reasoning it should run 2s in the quarter; top fuel dragsters don't cost as much as the Veyron. With these cars, quarter miles times are not even part of the equation of why people buy them.

really? funny cars and dragsters cost a fortune to run. I talk to the guys from national machine repair who has a top fuel dragster. they spend a fortune on running a car only a few times a year

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
for say the average joe to try and do it its got to be 1.5-2 mil to run a car all year(most events)
Most People cant afford to pay for the costs of the engine,fuel,clutches, spare parts, crew, truck, trailer, and a ton of other stuff to run a racing team. Sponsors?

if you really believe it costs less than a veryon then why don't more people own a top fuel dragster or funny car?

fortune to me is in the millions. maybe the wrong word but top fuel is expensive. any way you look at it. If those guys did not have any sponsors they would not race

Typhoon

Addict
Sep 25, 2011

Build a car that outperforms a Veyron in every way, has the same luxury car drivability and ride, all while being more luxurious & just as reliable.

I bet the Veyron is cheaper.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info