my blazer doesnt blow heat

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
I havent dealt with this issue before so i dont know what the fuck to start with. In the summer time my AC would stop blowing randomly for a few minutes then come back on. Now trying to put my heat on nothing blows out. Same for the AC. I searched online and all i get are questions after questions. Car does not over heat and i still feel heat come out. Just nothing blows out forcefully.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
they do such a thing cause all you fucks out there that buy a car want it to be quiet and never smell anything, so they spend millions on NVH testing, which drives the car prices up and adds components and complexity to an otherwise std car.

so they encapsulated the whole assembly, the HVAC system is the easiest path for noise and smells to enter the cabin.
instead of making hatches and shit they make one easy to install panel that is installed at the assembly plant and 100+k miles down the road when a part fails you cut out the access panel, if people werent retarded you can cut that whole panel off in one piece and just rtv it back into place afterwards, this isnt rocket surgery

hell go try and replace a heater core or an evaporator on almost anything nowadays...you have to cut the HVAC box apart as they plastic weld the assembly together so that the highly skilled HS dropouts can assemble the car faster and save the company 1$ per car.....that they had to spend on NVH testing to make sure people wouldnt complain that their brand new 20,000$+ machine sounds like a machine.

i need to start smoking again

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info