If you could build a street hustler. (Sleeper)

FstEnf4U

We Ain't Flyin' But Were Hustlin'
Sep 14, 2012
Indiana
I want this to be a little bit more of a practical "sleeper" thread. Not, "I'd put a 1012cu. in. motor in a Prius." lol I'd like some original builds or what you guys think would be an easy hustle. Keeping in mind all of the factors of; if you were going to build it, are parts easily available, would there be a lot of fabrication. Maybe what you have been hustled by the most? I'd hate to say it but it's usually the bone stock vette's on a kit that get me. Don't need a lot to make a stream liner go fast.

Example: I've seen this bolt on Mach 1 in the mid to low 11s trapping 123. Granted it had huge gears, k member, full suspension front and back, bolt ons ect. It had no cams, and essentially looks stock. Not sure if I'd believe it though with that mph but everyone looks to the Cobra as the only mod motor car that can hold it's own. But a properly setup 4v might get down on motor, at least on the street. KEITH'S ALL MOTOR, 04 MACH 1 @ NEW ENGLAND DRAGWAY - YouTube

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
I've considered yanking all the SRT4 shit off my car, and replacing it with base Neon moldings, bumpers and such. Follow that up with a single exhaust to a Vatozone fart can, and poof. From a car that people recognize as quick, to a tired and beat to shit 2L Neon with a rice launcher out the rear.

...Until I crack open the dump, at least. :jg:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I think the funniest sleeper would be a turbo k20/24 in the back of a Honda del sol so it's rwd/mid engine. Gotta make sure it looks like shit too with eBay fiberglass fenders, Honda rot in the rear quarters and a sun faded carbon hood.

My dream sleeper dd would be a turbo vr6 in an mk1 or mk2 gti with an awd drivetrain from an a4.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info