How about this for a winter beater?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I've been toying around with a few ideas since I'll likely need to get a winter car. This is one of my favorites so far. Lifted Outback on larger tires. Apparently struts from a newer Impreza (Correction, Forester) give it a 1-2 inch lift. There are also spacers that go between the strut and body for an extra inch.

DSCN6214.JPG

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
They also made legacy outback sedans that were jacked the fuck up from the factory.

Those are awesome too. Definitely looking for an NA Subie with manual. The AWD is just so good for snow, plus the NA engines seem less finicky. Just need to make sure they've done timing belt and head gaskets. Ya know, minor things.

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
Decent little car. Mileage is good too. :) My kid likes hers!

she better!! haha - I might have some snow tires id sell ya if i still have them. Makes the car a beast!!

BRU --
If you get a outback all you can do is spacers (2-3" lift) they make lift struts too but its not much and they are expensive

if you do a forester, you can do spacers (2-3" lift), but you could put stock impreza struts on in the summer and lower it in the summer time

if you do a impreza you can do forester struts and spacers (4" lift) and clear 30" tires with minimal trimming

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
lifted subies are pretty neat.

first learned about how to do it when i saw one done up by my ex's dad's house. looked up the name on the side and learned the kid has a handful of these things after talking to the kid about his cars.

was awesome.

pisc from his site.

1215101426.jpg

0225111718.jpg

1221102009.jpg

do it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info