Educate me on Buick Skylark 3100 Lower Intake Manifold replacement

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Guys, my daughter has a 1997 Buick Skylark 6 cylinder with 50,000 miles. After an oil change, the mechanic recommends lower intake manifold gasket replacement on the car and quoted her $850. WTF! I see online quotes are between $450 and $650.

How hard is it to replace these gaskets?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida

LOL! The people on this site would probably like it as she made you feel unsure of yourself, ran your life for you and got you to do every little thing she wants. You seriously don't want to mess with my older kid unless you are at the level of a Kennedy or an astronaut or something. She'd make one hell of a poker player.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Also, this is a GM, you probably only need a 10, 12, 13, and 15 to take apart the top of the motor.

This took me 8 hrs the first time and 3 hrs the second time on my mom's mini van 3100. As long as the injector O-rings don't tear, you can re-use them. I re-used the rocker bolts 4 times and they still held the 20k+ miles we had the car after .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info