New 911 (991) Carrera S sound symposer.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
This past weekend I got to drive a few new Porsche's on the autobahn, the Carrera, Carrera S and Panamera GTS. All of the cars were awesome. I also got to drive the New Boxster on an autocross course and the thing is friggin awesome too. The best car, by far, was the Carrera S. It now has 400hp mated to a 7 speed PDK (Good bye manual transmissions). The car handles like a dream, feels almost impossible to spin out, but one of the best things about this car is the sound symposer. An airtube is hooked up to the engine and connected to the A-pillar of the car that allows the engine noise to feed directly into the cabin of the car, and let me tell you, it sounds AMAZING. I recommend everyone to just check it out, this is the wave of the future for performance cars IMO.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
The Sports Exhaust feature on the 991/911 is one of the most aggressive sport exhaust modes I've heard. It's crazy loud and sounds like an aftermarket exhaust once the button is flipped. I set off a car alarm in a parking garage.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
This past weekend I got to drive a few new Porsche's on the autobahn, the Carrera, Carrera S and Panamera GTS. All of the cars were awesome. I also got to drive the New Boxster on an autocross course and the thing is friggin awesome too. The best car, by far, was the Carrera S. It now has 400hp mated to a 7 speed PDK (Good bye manual transmissions). The car handles like a dream, feels almost impossible to spin out, but one of the best things about this car is the sound symposer. An airtube is hooked up to the engine and connected to the A-pillar of the car that allows the engine noise to feed directly into the cabin of the car, and let me tell you, it sounds AMAZING. I recommend everyone to just check it out, this is the wave of the future for performance cars IMO.

i just saw a commercial for the new boxter.

I will check out the video when i get home.

does this sway your decision for a "toy" at all ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info