Iac or I A C

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
IAC is an acronym. Just say the letters. Sounds retarded to pronounce it "eye-ack" like it is some sort of real word. I wonder what sort of dumb pronunciations people have come up with for Throttle Position Sensors, Intake Air Temperature Sensors, and Cam Position Sensors. "Hey dewd can you hand me that eye-a-tseeee over der, ey?"

hellraiser319

Hellraising since 1986
May 17, 2010
West Bend, WI
I.A.C. spell
T.P.S spell
T.P.M.S spell
E.G.R. spell
M.A.P. (pronounce map)
M.A.F (pronounce maff)

Throttle Position Sensor, TPMS, EGR, MAP, Mass Airflow Sensor, ECT sensor = coolant sensor usually, Usually ECM regardless of what the manufacturer calls it to differentiate better b/w that and BCM... I think that's it? Nice mix of things usually, but when I'm telling someone what it is, usually say what it is rather than letters, especially involving a customer because they will just go the SGDWTF sensor, on that rare occasion.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Throttle Position Sensor, TPMS, EGR, MAP, Mass Airflow Sensor, ECT sensor = coolant sensor usually, Usually ECM regardless of what the manufacturer calls it to differentiate better b/w that and BCM... I think that's it? Nice mix of things usually, but when I'm telling someone what it is, usually say what it is rather than letters, especially involving a customer because they will just go the SGDWTF sensor, on that rare occasion.

ECM/ECU if I am talking to a Ford guy, VCM if I am talking to a GM guy, and Da puter thingy if talking to a Dodge guy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info