Chris Harris on cars - GT500 vs ZL1

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Chris Harris is good, I like his reviews, although I've always seen them as a bit "Bro-ish" . This is kind of an interesting comparison as the reviewer is generally coming in without as much preconceived notions or affiliations. Although I did find his analysis of the ZL1 a bit interesting.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Chris Harris is good, I like his reviews, although I've always seen them as a bit "Bro-ish" . This is kind of an interesting comparison as the reviewer is generally coming in without as much preconceived notions or affiliations. Although I did find his analysis of the ZL1 a bit interesting.

Yeah I hear ya. He is not one of those brits that automatically hate american cars. But there is no denying he is going to be a little biased. But all in all, hes worlds better than the top gear UK guys. I do find them funny, but forget about them giving a good review to any american car. Everytime I saw a corvette review from them(jeremy clarkson), he proceeds to push on the back fascia of the car showing how plastic it is...... Well no shit. Its supposed to be that way. Chevy even commented that because there is a lack of bumper on the corvette, that they had to make the rear end flex more to take the small bumps from whatever may come.

All in all though, I love both cars and would be happy to own either. And there is a funny story here concerning me and why I bought this new vette.

Back in 2007 when the GT500s came out, I went to go get one. Needless to say I wasnt going to pay MSRP....let alone over. I shopped and shopped, but couldnt find one. So I decided to look at vettes. I found my new 07 for almost $10k off sticker and bought it.

Fast forward to 2009. I was bored with the vette plus was having our first baby. So I went back and was able to get an 09 GT500 for invoice. Obviously because the 2010 was coming out. So I had that car for 2 years and went to the GT.

And now on to last month. I saw the new GT500s were coming out and going to be awesome. So once again I went to get one. And again, the raperships wanted $10k+ over sticker for this mustang. I even warned one dealer that they were going to force me to buy another vette. And once again, I walked into a chevy store, got top dollar for my trade, and walked out with another vette. Maybe in two more years I will be repeating this process again getting a 2015 GT500?>?>? Who knows.....

But as with the 2007 GT500 people that still owe a shit ton of money on them because they paid $25k over sticker for them, then 2013 GT500 guys will be in the same boat crying that they are burried in them. I fought the urge to do the same on the 13 GT500, and Im glad I did. Now excuse me, Im shopping for blowers for the GS. And there wont be a GT500 that will be able to touch my car on the highway making 600rwhp.

:ford:

Yeah I hear ya. He is not one of those brits that automatically hate american cars. But there is no denying he is going to be a little biased. But all in all, hes worlds better than the top gear UK guys. I do find them funny, but forget about them giving a good review to any american car. Everytime I saw a corvette review from them(jeremy clarkson), he proceeds to push on the back fascia of the car showing how plastic it is...... Well no shit. Its supposed to be that way. Chevy even commented that because there is a lack of bumper on the corvette, that they had to make the rear end flex more to take the small bumps from whatever may come.

All in all though, I love both cars and would be happy to own either. And there is a funny story here concerning me and why I bought this new vette.

Back in 2007 when the GT500s came out, I went to go get one. Needless to say I wasnt going to pay MSRP....let alone over. I shopped and shopped, but couldnt find one. So I decided to look at vettes. I found my new 07 for almost $10k off sticker and bought it.

Fast forward to 2009. I was bored with the vette plus was having our first baby. So I went back and was able to get an 09 GT500 for invoice. Obviously because the 2010 was coming out. So I had that car for 2 years and went to the GT.

And now on to last month. I saw the new GT500s were coming out and going to be awesome. So once again I went to get one. And again, the raperships wanted $10k+ over sticker for this mustang. I even warned one dealer that they were going to force me to buy another vette. And once again, I walked into a chevy store, got top dollar for my trade, and walked out with another vette. Maybe in two more years I will be repeating this process again getting a 2015 GT500?>?>? Who knows.....

But as with the 2007 GT500 people that still owe a shit ton of money on them because they paid $25k over sticker for them, then 2013 GT500 guys will be in the same boat crying that they are burried in them. I fought the urge to do the same on the 13 GT500, and Im glad I did. Now excuse me, Im shopping for blowers for the GS. And there wont be a GT500 that will be able to touch my car on the highway making 600rwhp.

:ford:

I shake my head at this whole process too! Your going to throw $25,000 into the garbage just to be the first kid on the block with the new flavor of the month? The P.T. Barnum quote comes to mind.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info