For those who have never gone drag racing

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I took a video in my stock 2006 Mustang GT of the 'whole shebang' if you want to know what to expect:

Ran this:

94198523.jpg

In this:

DSCN0294.jpg

Like this (usually the staging lanes are crazy full):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVdhyfVCJuk

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
What the hell gear is in that thing?

My car has the optional 3.55's, my 3rd gear ends at 105 with stock height tires, so it's damn near perfect IMO. Yet another reason why I don't want to modify this thing.

I would be hella appreciative if you could get a pic or two of the mount in the car, and with the phone in it :bigthumb:

Sure thing,

the ONLY problem (which you can see in the video) is that the weight of the phone and the vibration from my crappy wheel-hop burnout angled the phone up a spec. I'm sure you could fix that by adding some tape or something to the outside of the mount ball to make it stiffer to rotate if you want something like this for Auto-X use.

I bought it to use with the GPS on my phone, just happened to work out perfect for this too.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Thought the top of the gear was 105 on 27.5's, good to know it has a spec more in it.

I had 3.55's and the OEM 17" Pirelli tires, but had a tune. I can't remember what the redline was set at, but at 6,250 the mph should be 107.84. So you can trap 107 stock.

You should look into a CAI and Tune. Those are the two best bang for the buck mods in a 3V.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I had 3.55's and the OEM 17" Pirelli tires, but had a tune. I can't remember what the redline was set at, but at 6,250 the mph should be 107.84. So you can trap 107 stock.

You should look into a CAI and Tune. Those are the two best bang for the buck mods in a 3V.

the BMW takes priority for Mod Money :hs:

That and there are other things my car could use than an intake and tune honestly (front strut mounts I think are starting to creek a spec, could probably use new tires next spring, etc, etc)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info