For Those Who Have Removed A/C

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
I was thinking on people who have modified/faster cars that have removed A/C or currently have broken A/C and don't care to fix it.

I wanted your input do you miss your a/c? Are you going to fix it? Is it long gone/removed already to cut the weight and save some space?

I have always have had A/C even in all my modified cars but it occured to me I never drive them in the rain so I dont need to roll the windows up and be cool, you can't use it at the track with the windows up, the only downfall I can see is when going to a car show or hangout if its hot as hell outside.

Just opening it up for your personal experience/thoughts.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
I just have chosen to not fix it because my compressor took a shit and havent bother to find a used one for cheap and fix it

as far as not having it? Honestly its not THAT bad, mines a 4 door and having all the windows open really helps. At the track it seems fine because you can just keep the windows open the whole time until you basically are before the burnout box and at the end of the run I open the windows anyways

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Jul 20, 2007
My SHO does not have a/c and it really isn't that bad when your moving. It sucks when your stopped sometimes, but that's also because my heater core, etc is gone. There's a few holes in the firewall, so all that heat comes into he car. I have had some times in the rain I wish I had it, mostly for the defrost, but I managed without.

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
My Mustang has not had A/C for a long long time. Sometimes it sucks when its hot as balls outside, but its not a car I drive all the time. The majority of the time I would have the windows down anyways. So I do not miss it that much. Plus if its going to be over 90 degrees and I don't have to take the car out, I don't.

If it were a DD, would never get rid of it.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
I ditched the a/c in my car to clean the engine bay up and drop a little weight. I don't miss it, because I almost never used it anyway.

The a/c in my Blazer doesn't work, I tried getting it recharged but there's a leak somewhere and a few days later it was empty again. I wouldn't mind having a/c in that for when I'm driving it in the rain to/from work, etc, but when it's sunny out I typically ride the bike anyway.

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
Ive removed mine. It makes my engine bay look a little less clustered with the lines gone, and opens up space for me to work. I never had it on anyway. But on hot ass days it does suck. I usually end up gettin a sweaty back (leather seats). So i stopped driving during the day on hot days to avoid this lol.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
The cars I own now and will own in the future will all be fun street cars. With that being said, I want every car I own to be able to be driven daily with every single creature comfort that came with it. I will never sacrifice creature comfort for more performance.

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
my neon has AC - i will never get rid of it unless i get super serious about drag racing it... but all intents and purposes i plan on keeping it even when the car is in the 9s

my suburban... i bought it from eagle, who drove it with no AC for a couple years that way - it has had AC since the first hot day i drove without it!! haha

hellraiser319

Hellraising since 1986
May 17, 2010
West Bend, WI
the 90 Camaro had a leak somewhere, sold/junked before I could fix it, 96 Cavalier had a leak and the compressor was shot, cut the lines all out, disconnected at heater box, removed the evaporator, the little car has no factory AC, idk if I could pull off close to 40mpg if it had it though, and Vic has AC, but it's finicky, I'd rather fix it as that's supposed to be the nice car.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
forgot to add to all this, chicks dont dig riding in a car without a/c on 90* days and with leather seats...

back in the day there was no ac....and bitches actually wore MORE clothing than nowadays....buncha sissy's

as soon as your broke ass buys a damn ac compressor im putting it in and charging it...just so i can get my ac delete setup back you asshole

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info