Inexpensive oil

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Wow really? I know some people use this in their race cars, but they don't turn near the rpm we do, and I ride pretty aggressively. The other night I was behaving lol

Yup. I know people that use it in their 8,9 second bikes. I've used it for almost 4 years and never had any problems.
This is from wikipedia
Motorcycle usage
Though marketed as an engine oil for diesel trucks, Rotella oil has found popularity with motorcyclists as well. The lack of "friction modifiers" in Rotella means they do not interfere with wet clutch operations. (This is called a "shared sump" design, which is unlike automobiles which maintain separate oil reservoirs - one for the engine and one for the transmission). Used oil analysis (UOA) reports on BobIsTheOilGuy.com have shown wear metals levels comparable to oils marketed as motorcycle-specific.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Yeah, I'm doing some research on it now, and I'm shocked that as popular as this is i've never heard of it before.

Now the question is, which one to use. There's T1, T3 energized protection, T triple protection, T5 syn blend, and T6 full syn. I assume they will all be ok to use, to it comes down to how much I want to spend?

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Another big +1 on the Shell Rotella T synthetic. Been using it no joke on all my bikes for almost 7 years now. Anything that has the JASO-MA rating on the back with the rest of the ratings is good for a motorcycle and wet clutches. As long as it doesn't have "energy conserving" you're good to go.

Get the big blue bottle from walmart, it's like 17 bucks, Rotella T6 synthetic. Great shit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info