Met the ditch today

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
I was following my wife in the minivan and up came a gradual corner that turned into a hairpin halfway through. Misjudged it and ran out of asphalt. Tried to ride it out in the ditch but as soon as I hit the gravel and grass it was all over. Bike slid out and slammed me into the ground knocking the wind outta me. The left side frame slider grabbed into the ground and I think flipped the bike. Framer slider broke off at the frame. Bent the shit outta my shifter and rear set. Busted up the left side of the fairing. And either bent the forks or the bars cuz traveling straight the bars are turned left. Luckily I wasn't far from the dealer and rode it over to them to look it over and get it fixed. I am OK thankfully as I was all geared up. My shoulder is killing me though so I am actually at the emergency room now to get it checked out. I only took a couple pics of the road and none of the bike as I don't want to remember this.

Looks like the veloster will make a Luke's appearance this week.

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
Update: Shoulder is OK. just strained or sprained it. Got me in a sling and I got some Codine for the pain:hsughlol:

Here are the couple pics I took of the area at least
20120619_132722.jpg

20120619_132741.jpg

Took some nice chunks of sod out.

My step brother and his passenger (his sons fiance) just passed away by going into a ditch last week.

You may be hurt, but you are alive.

Glad to hear you were wearing the gear, and you will get better.

Just remember, there are 2 kinds of bikers. The ones who have crashed, and the ones who will crash. Glad you are the former and still around to tell the tale.

Be careful out there. :)

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
Thanks. Update on the bike: it is getting fixed. There was a chance it was totalled if the couldn't get the broken bolt out but thankfully they did. Last I saw the parts and labor sheet it was around 4k to fix it. I should have it back before next weekend if all the parts are in stock. Crossing my fingers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info