Melted rubber on the exhaust.....

Frank Dukes

TCG Elite Member
May 5, 2009
Rockfordia
A058_1_20111021_11679892.jpg

ive had pretty good luck with this stuff, available anywhere. i like the liquid over the spray, you can lather it on a little more. let it soak, and then rub hard with terry cloth. after that, any leftover residue usually comes off by scraping with a fingernail. i wouldnt try it when bike is warm either. its a little more brittle when its cold.

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
I always detail my friends race bikes that are absolutely caked in rubber because he goes to the track every weekend. Well I was going through cans of bug and tar remover and it would take hours to clean all the rubber off. He gave me this can called Motsenbockers Lift off and you get it at Menards. This stuff is insane. Spray it right on and it takes anything off. It doesn't damage paint either.
If you don't want to purchase anything you can use a razorblade at an angle to get the peices off.

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
Thanks for the info Thirdgen, I will def be picking that up sometime this week to try it out.

And what person would try and remove it while the exhaust is hot??? Sorry I like my fingers and arms to not get burnt. I under stand the idea of oh heat it up and you can remove it but then you run the chance of it melting to your skin. Yikes!!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info