Guy clocked going 200 mph... (almost)

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
..ROSENDALE, N.Y. (AP) — Authorities say a 28-year-old man in upstate New York has been charged with driving his motorcycle at nearly 200 mph on a highway in the rain.

State police say a trooper clocked Anthony Anderson of Poughkeepsie driving at 193 mph around 8 p.m. Wednesday in the southbound lanes of Interstate 87 just south of Albany — the same stretch of road where another motorcyclist was spotted doing 166 mph earlier this month.

The trooper was able to get a description of the high-performance bike and alerted nearby patrols.

Troopers eventually stopped Anderson in the town of Rosendale. He told them he was headed to a hospital to visit a patient.

Anderson was issued 14 traffic tickets, including one for speeding.

It couldn't be immediately determined if he had a lawyer.

Motorcyclist clocked going 193 mph on NY highway - Yahoo! News

Wut. I mean I've gotten stuck on the highway with rain before, and it hurt (had to pull over under a bridge). So I think this story is somewhat BS, b/c 193 mph in the rain would be awful. Maybe he had on full leathers though, might not feel it then.

Either way, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH. :picard:

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I highly doubt it was actually 193mph. I wonder if this is a case like the one on lake shore drive where a guy was supposedly clocked at almost 200mph and they proved the bike can't even go that fast.

I guess it depends on what bike it is but nothing newer than early 2000's can go over 186 and evean then the speedos on bikes normally read higher than they are actually going once you get to the 150 range, only way you can break 186 is with a speedo healer

UNCTYPE-S

Regular
Jun 18, 2008
Chicago
..ROSENDALE, N.Y. (AP) — Authorities say a 28-year-old man in upstate New York has been charged with driving his motorcycle at nearly 200 mph on a highway in the rain.

State police say a trooper clocked Anthony Anderson of Poughkeepsie driving at 193 mph around 8 p.m. Wednesday in the southbound lanes of Interstate 87 just south of Albany — the same stretch of road where another motorcyclist was spotted doing 166 mph earlier this month.

The trooper was able to get a description of the high-performance bike and alerted nearby patrols.

Troopers eventually stopped Anderson in the town of Rosendale. He told them he was headed to a hospital to visit a patient.

Anderson was issued 14 traffic tickets, including one for speeding.

It couldn't be immediately determined if he had a lawyer.

He got one for speeding? Shocking! *sarcasm*

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
I guess it depends on what bike it is but nothing newer than early 2000's can go over 186 and evean then the speedos on bikes normally read higher than they are actually going once you get to the 150 range, only way you can break 186 is with a speedo healer

Not true. All a speedo healer does is correct the speedo. A tuner such as Yoshimura EMS or Dynojet Power Commander can remove top speed restrictions. And most, if not all bike speedos are off by a varying amount at all speeds (not just after 150) from the factory, probably to create a safety margin.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
and-not-a-single-fuck-was-given-that-day-airplane.jpg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Not true. All a speedo healer does is correct the speedo. A tuner such as Yoshimura EMS or Dynojet Power Commander can remove top speed restrictions. And most, if not all bike speedos are off by a varying amount at all speeds (not just after 150) from the factory, probably to create a safety margin.

is there a special module for that with the power commander, mine only adjust fuel and nothing else as far as i know you can't change the top speed limit with any tuning software you use the speedo healer to make the bike read lower than it is actually going then it will allow you to go over 186 but your speedo will will still only let you go to 186, you adjust it to read 20 under what your doing and it can hit 200, brock performance was doing it that way top speed testing a zx14 years ago

clint282cc

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2011
i call bullshit on the rain. his speedo probably said 220 if he was ACTUALLY going 193. no one would do that. MAYBE it was right after rain, or maybe it was just starting to drizzle... no way he was doing 193 with water soaked roads. i think it would be IMPOSSIBLE. no way he would be on the ground. the tires would be on top of water. hydroplaning x 1000....

at that speed, rain floats around you. as long as your legs are tucked in, he was probably completely dry lol. and what could get give 14 tickets for? no way he got 14 moving violations...

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Pretty sure the only really accurate way to know your speed on a bike is doing a GPS verified reading. (I've used my phone for this before). Not that I've ever gone close to 198 though.

At this speed though he shouldn't have stopped or at least deviated his route lol. Going in a straight line forever, unless you have a moto-aircraft, is going to get people up ahead to figure it out. I would have pulled off shortly after and back tracked, or at least hid somewhere for awhile. That's just me though.

Gwinn The Chinn

TCG Elite Member
Jun 22, 2009
Pretty sure the only really accurate way to know your speed on a bike is doing a GPS verified reading. (I've used my phone for this before). Not that I've ever gone close to 198 though.

At this speed though he shouldn't have stopped or at least deviated his route lol. Going in a straight line forever, unless you have a moto-aircraft, is going to get people up ahead to figure it out. I would have pulled off shortly after and back tracked, or at least hid somewhere for awhile. That's just me though.

thats a terrible idea. if your running from the cops, you start going and never look back. how do you think cops chase down all those black people? its because they decided to hide.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info