Ideas on what could cause this?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
1997 saturn sl1

Sometimes when i turn off my car (to fill gas for example) my car wont start back up right away. I hit the starter solenoid and that does nothing. It happens at random on when it starts or doesnt want to start up.

But if i wait say 10+ mins, itll startup like normal. :dunno:

My guess is the starter but im not sure

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
IMG_20120529_164331.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
What in the fuck is that thing?

I'd say it doesn't look stock, but saturn assembly doesn't look OEM clean half the time....

I'd say it's a port for the Transmission system or something, but I know yours is a 5 speed IIRC..... and ATS on google for saturns just says Air temp Sensor....

If this is a 'newly' happening thing, I would just replace the starter if you have the spare, and check/clean all of your grounds while you have it out for good measure.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
What in the fuck is that thing?

I'd say it doesn't look stock, but saturn assembly doesn't look OEM clean half the time....

I'd say it's a port for the Transmission system or something, but I know yours is a 5 speed IIRC..... and ATS on google for saturns just says Air temp Sensor....

If this is a 'newly' happening thing, I would just replace the starter if you have the spare, and check/clean all of your grounds while you have it out for good measure.

Yea its not stock i believe, the standard ob2 port is left of that one. I wasn't able to find anything on it either.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Aliens.

But seriously, test the solenoid and the starter. Jumper the solenoid with a screwdriver or something see if it spins. Or do it the right way and grab a DMM and test for voltage. There are only a few terminals on the solenoid so its not hard to figure out.

Also, the hitting the starter trick isn't used to "fix" a solenoid. Hitting a solenoid wont do anything. It was a hillbilly trick for getting the starter motor off a dead spot.

But seriously, aliens. Starter needs tinfoil hat.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info