Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Ford Mustang Shelby Cobra GT500

This alphabet soup horse/person/snake/alpha-numeric naming is getting ridiculous. They just want to include terms from every mustang ever made to try and get old fucks to nostalgia hard for it
But the GT500 name isn't anything new... We just had one last gen...

P40E

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2012
And I believe if they do use a cross plane crank it will be the 5.0 crank .

Which is basically what they were trying to sell to the public when the 5.2 came out . Everything but the flat plane crank .

Ford needs to either use the boss 6.2 and make a stronger block out of it , or design a beefy small block from scratch that's specific to the 500 . Just my opinion . :toast:

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
They have a 5.2 criss plane crank already. Announced it PRI two years ago. You can get a crate motor with the 5.2 cross plane and GT350 heads. I think the vibration issue with the flat plane and power levels they can take is why the GT500 will have a cross plane crank.

Ford saved money in tooling and screwed the chances if s big inch coyote based motor. The bore spacing is the same as the last mod motors. So limited in how big of a bite they can use. That is why they went to the plasma lining set up with the 5.8 in the last GT500.

I forget, but the max stroke in these blocks isn't much to write home about. But there is some room there. But again, not LS motor sizes.

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
F4ji7NW.jpg

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
They have a 5.2 criss plane crank already. Announced it PRI two years ago. You can get a crate motor with the 5.2 cross plane and GT350 heads. I think the vibration issue with the flat plane and power levels they can take is why the GT500 will have a cross plane crank.

Ford saved money in tooling and screwed the chances if s big inch coyote based motor. The bore spacing is the same as the last mod motors. So limited in how big of a bite they can use. That is why they went to the plasma lining set up with the 5.8 in the last GT500.

I forget, but the max stroke in these blocks isn't much to write home about. But there is some room there. But again, not LS motor sizes.

Mast just put out a 5.4 stroker for the 5.2 block or itll make 5.2 in a 5.0 block i believe. So a .2 liter gain on the Mast crank.

Unless going full retard with a MMR billet block i dont see the the current engines getting any bigger than 5.4

SHOmuff

Doing the damn thing.
Oct 22, 2007
Wheaton
Ford Mustang Shelby Cobra GT500

This alphabet soup horse/person/snake/alpha-numeric naming is getting ridiculous. They just want to include terms from every mustang ever made to try and get old fucks to nostalgia hard for it

I agree.
Shelby had nothing to do with the development of the 07+ Cobra's, Ford was just licensing his name :fth: I wish they would drop the Shelby and GT350/500 naming and just call it a Mustang Cobra.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
So the snout for the pulley looks like it’s up front but I don’t really see a TB out back :wtf:

I’m really hoping for either a big CI supercharged (6.2l aluminum 4V BOSS) or a twin turbo coyote based motor.

I will be very depressed if it gets a V6 tho like the raptor and ford gt supercar did...

The throttle body angles out to the side.

I don't think we will ever get lucky enough to get a big cube motor. Not anytime in the foreseeable future.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info