Nissan will continue to make new R32 GT-R parts

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Nissan's new Nismo Heritage program supplies R32 GT-R with OEM parts

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/11/27...-r32-gt-r-oem-parts/?hcid=ab-around-ab-tile-3

Nissan wants Japanese R-32 GT-R owners to be able to play the long game with the help of the just-launched Nismo Heritage program. The carmaker, and Nissan tuner Autech, studied the array of replacement parts for the coupe first nicknamed "Godzilla." Focusing on components necessary to keep the R32 running and able to pass vehicle inspections, Nismo Heritage chose around 80 parts to reproduce to OEM spec.

Nissan built the motorsports monster R32 from 1989 to 1995, and that GT-R enjoyed turbo-boosted popularity thanks to the Sony PlayStation game "Gran Turismo," the Japanese television series "Initial D," and "The Fast and the Furious" franchise. According to a UK GT-R forum, Nissan built 43,934 units of the R32 — far more than the R33 and R34, but still a specialty proposition. After nearly three decades of fanatic owners, hard driving, and wild modifications, some OEM pieces are difficult to source.

The Nismo Heritage program opens to the Japanese market first; bits like harnesses, hoses, pulleys, exterior pieces such as the front bumper, and emblems go on sale on Dec. 1. Nissan says it will watch the market, and could increase the R32 parts list with substitute, rebuilt, or overhauled components if a shortage of other critical parts becomes evident. Eventually, the program plans to expand its offerings to the R33 and R34 models.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
There are a lot of hurdles for me tho...

1. I never finish any project car I start. I mean they get "done" but then I sell them off - Cobra, Supra, Evo, etc.
2. I would need to buy a second car again - not a huge deal just more money.
3. I honestly dont know if I want another manual car, the DSG has ruined me.
4. Do I want to spend 25-30k on a late 80s early 90s car? These have been my dream forever, no doubt, but I dont know if I want to make it a reality anymore.
5. I dont have motivation for car related things anymore. I rarely cruise, let alone with a group of people, dont go anywhere. The hobby is kind of dormant for me at the moment.
6. I still kind of want a R35.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
are they manufacturing a LS swap kit also?

You_get_the_hell_out_first_oc-33051.gif

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Porsche does this as well. I think it is incredible that they decide to do this.

Mook, have you fully built a car? It seems most of the cars you had were built pretty well before you bought them. You added some things and fixed issues. But maybe building a car exactly how you want it will make you want to keep the car.

1. If it is exactly how you dreamed it you might not to get rid of it because something isn't what you want. Like the trans in the supra.

2. Building something kind of builds a bond between you and the car. Because of the time and effort put into the car.

3. You might have it forever because no one will want the abomination you built. :rofl: j/k

Taking on a full build does take a lot of time and money. But there is a real feeling of accomplishment with doing a major build. But ya, be realistic about your budget, time allotment, skills, and so on. If those things don't add up look for a done car that is in your budget. Then plan additional funds to change things as needed.

The R35 is going to be really expensive for the first few years. The question is will it get cheaper as the model years increase for import or will they just keep increasing in value as they come into the market. Meaning will there be that many buyers with the money looking to buy them as they come over in larger numbers. I have a feeling the supply will be less than the demand causing them to command big money.

But I think you need to buy or build one for sure. haha

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
We all know I dont work on my own cars, I havent done that in a long time. So a build would require a shop, which = more money. The hobby just isnt what it was for me anymore. I'm not interested in 1/4 mile, or really "going fast". Taking on something like this would require a real passion for the sport and right now its not there.

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
There are a lot of hurdles for me tho...

1. I never finish any project car I start. I mean they get "done" but then I sell them off - Cobra, Supra, Evo, etc.
2. I would need to buy a second car again - not a huge deal just more money.
3. I honestly dont know if I want another manual car, the DSG has ruined me.
4. Do I want to spend 25-30k on a late 80s early 90s car? These have been my dream forever, no doubt, but I dont know if I want to make it a reality anymore.
5. I dont have motivation for car related things anymore. I rarely cruise, let alone with a group of people, dont go anywhere. The hobby is kind of dormant for me at the moment.
6. I still kind of want a R35.

You can drive mine for a week and to see if it would be worth it for you. Plus you’ll get so much teenage penis waving at you and wanting your number.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
[MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] you ever consider a non GTR R32?

I’ve toyed with the idea of a GTS-M? Sedan (the 2.0 turbo, manual, M Spec appearance), seem to be nearly 1/3rd the cost or less, still would get you into a fun, exceptionally unique car, SR20DET still has a good bit of kick, less complexity without the AWD and AWS, so less to fail.

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
Still see a fair number of R32s on the road here including the GTR variants. It's fairly uncommon to see older cars as drivers due to the taxes that keep going up the older the car gets. I think the government wants you to continually get new vehicles to help support the economy.

bnr32

Regular
TCG Premium
Nov 6, 2013
[MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] you ever consider a non GTR R32?

I’ve toyed with the idea of a GTS-M? Sedan (the 2.0 turbo, manual, M Spec appearance), seem to be nearly 1/3rd the cost or less, still would get you into a fun, exceptionally unique car, SR20DET still has a good bit of kick, less complexity without the AWD and AWS, so less to fail.

ewwwww. delete this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info