dberz94

Professional Slacker
Feb 14, 2015
tesla-semi_46.jpg

104848613-Roadster.530x298.jpg

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
While I’m a huge Tesla fan and nut swinger........

They need to correct issues with their current cars before releasing more models or attacking another industry.

The model 3 is failing in production. They are missing targets by miles, and overall initial quality is terrible according to some reviews.

While they are exciting and keep things interesting for sure, I think they are getting a little too aggressive

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Elon Musk, you just upended the long haul truck industry. What are you going to do now?

I'm going to go to Disne... No scratch that. Here's the world's fastest car.

Upended? No. I would watch what Cummins does with their electric truck than I would Tesla.

As someone who entered the corporate truck industry as of late, I can assure you none of the big 3 truck companies are scared.

Unlike cars trucks are people’s lively hood. When a truck goes down it’s huge pressure to turn it around ASAP. For which case you need a huge parts network, massive service network and people.

All of which Tesla does not have. It will be a very long time before they enter the semi market in a serious way. They have a very long way to go

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
It’s the support that’s going to hurt their semi more than the semi itself. On paper it’s cool as shit...... however you need to build that entire “mega charger” network before your first semi rolls off the line or not one fleet will purchase this

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
you're right, it should be 62k.

I’m simply saying if your struggling to sell a 80-100k sedan that really is a great car, and struggling to get off the ground on your affordable car you don’t announce a 250k sports car. It makes zero sense, it feels like a smoke and mirror show to take away from the fact things are not going well for them

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
on what basis though? who's to say that this isn't the flagship marketing halo car they need to propel their brand further, and make more people believers in electric cars.

what else can you buy for 250k brand new that does an 8.9 quarter mile

The quarter mile thing needs to be taken out of it. That’s not relevant at this point. To make money you have to mass sell and market a car. 95 percent could give 2 shits about quarter mile times, the masses want range in the car. (Yes this car has range or projected range at launch) but for 250k.

Again I feel propelling the brand would be better suited if they came out with a car that did 500 miles on a charge for 70-80k. Yes I know that’s still pricey, but again quarter mile times won’t appeal to your basic Joe trying to decide between a normal sedan and an electric car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info