This Is The Appropriate Reaction To Finding A Sweet CTS-V Wagon In The Garage

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
https://jalopnik.com/this-is-the-appropriate-reaction-to-finding-a-sweet-cts-1819140036

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=9jlYKsEEQ4A

:fy:

Last year Jalopnik had a beautiful 2013 Cadillac CTS-V manual-shift wagon in our daily Nice Price Or Crack Pipe feature. One of you lunatic readers liked it so much that the car ended up being shipped across Canada, where it made an appropriately massive impression.

vr2vuf53qstnklzjnbxn.jpg

2013 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon: The Jalopnik Review
At the end of this year, the all-new 2014 Cadillac CTS will be released. That means the, hopefully…

Read more
The Cadillac CTS-V Wagon represents a rare confluence of impressive performance, utility and inherent uniqueness. That’s why we lose our minds over the thing, and why the look on this woman’s face is so relatable.

Bold move surprising her while her hands were full of eggs, but it looks like no food products were harmed in the reveal of this lovely looking silver-blue CTS-V.

As Jalopnik reader and relatively new CTS-V Wagon owner Markus K. reports:

“Long story short, I ended up buying the car sight unseen from across the country. I live on the West coast in Vancouver, B.C, and the car was on the other side of the country near the East coast just outside of Toronto, Ontario. I actually ended up purchasing the car while I was travelling in South America, which complicated the transaction with a series of unfortunate almost comical events.”
z2ochezqjavsoioy3lo4.jpg

He shared a few nice photos of the car in action, and continued:

“I absolutely loved my first year with the car. Driving the V is somewhat of a surreal experience, especially after lusting for one nearly half a decade. I drove it a lot this summer, lots of road trips and we even got to attend a track day/driving school! I thought you might be interested on an update with the unicorn wagon, it seemed fitting since you’re the reason I’m in the position I am today. From one diehard automotive enthusiast to another, thank you for helping me achieve one of my seemingly impossible dreams. “

First of all, you’re welcome Markus. And thank you for reading, enjoying your car and using it to bring joy to the world. Thanks also to everyone reading this. You’re all contributing to perpetuating car culture and we appreciate it.

cxq31ygfjo3mchghjry4.jpg

Now get off your computers and go driving! I mean, after work I guess.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Hrmmm. So in the beginning of video. He says I bought YOU a present. So did she not assume at first glance it was hers?

It's his according to the YouTube description

"I finally bought myself my dream car, and was somehow able to keep it a secret for the two months it took me to purchase, ship, inspect, and register the car.

This is my girlfriends reaction to the unveiling of my 2013 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon. I'm just glad she didn't drop the eggs. Priceless."

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
It's his according to the YouTube description

"I finally bought myself my dream car, and was somehow able to keep it a secret for the two months it took me to purchase, ship, inspect, and register the car.

This is my girlfriends reaction to the unveiling of my 2013 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon. I'm just glad she didn't drop the eggs. Priceless."

Yes I read that. I am just saying based of her initial reaction. And how he introduced it to her. He made it sound like he bought her a car. I bet after she realized it was his she was not all that excited. :jg:

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Hrmmm. So in the beginning of video. He says I bought YOU a present. So did she not assume at first glance it was hers?

I watched it at work with no sound, so I didn't catch that. If that's what he said, then that would explain her reaction and why she didn't give him a swift kick to the nuts and sentenced him to the couch for a week.

We need to see the "after she found out the car was really his" video.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
You guys are doing it all wrong. After awhile your wife just just gives up and shows no emotion at all. My wife's reaction to another car showing up is complete indifference. I could offer up the most compelling reason for needing to buy a new car and it will fall on deaf ears. She thinks I'm full of shit but she also doesn't care. She's just relented.

I imagine it's the same feeling of defeat I get every time a Sephora box shows up on our doorstep.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Thing is, mine sees vehicles as nothing more than "appliances".

She also doesn't understand why I need so many cars/trucks/etc. So when something new shows up, I start getting the evil eye and in the long run, I know it's going to cost me much more in terms of something expensive for her in order for her to "forget" my transgression.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info