Dyson (ya, the vacuum guys) are planning to enter the electric car market by 2020

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Vacuum Cleaner Maker Dyson Will Build Electric Cars by 2020

It's been rumored for more than a year, and now it's confirmed: Dyson, maker of painstakingly-engineered vacuum cleaners and other high-tech home appliances, is moving into the world of electric cars. Sir James Dyson, founder of the company that bears his name, has just announced a bold new plan to offer a range of electric cars as early as 2020.

The UK's AutoExpress reports that Sir James circulated a letter to Dyson employees today informing them of the company's move into electric cars. The founder has committed to a two-billion-pound investment (roughly $2.7 billion at today's exchange rate) in the project—half for the car itself, and half to develop the new solid-state battery technology that will power it.

AutoExpress reveals that Sir James plans for his company's electric cars to use solid-state batteries, an advanced technology that traditional automakers have not yet fully solved for automotive applications. Solid-state batteries promise more energy capacity, quicker charging, and safer packaging compared to today's lithium-ion batteries.

According to Sir James, the first Dyson electric car will arrive in 2020, and kick off a range of Dyson vehicles. And he expects the automotive branch will become the biggest moneymaker of the Dyson empire.

HumanWiki

Regular
Mar 21, 2012
Introducing the new 2020 Dyson, v9 DX series of luxury automobile. Featuring X4 Radial Root Cyclone technology and multi-vortex regenerative braking systems.

This sedan comes complete with enhanced Ball technology at all 4 points with independent and variable vane brushless systems that self clean, are tangle free and guaranteed to literally dust everything else on the road.

With it's ultra quiet and compact drive systems, you'll be where you're going in no time flat, on a single charge and not wake the neighbors when you do.

Also new for 2020, full integration with the the Dyson 360 Eye system. This allows you to fall asleep at the wheel and know you'll not hit any little woodland creatures on your drive from mamas house.

Dyson. Re-engineering your drive.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Their sales tactics don't correlate to their performance on the carpet...

I might throw in my old Rexair Rainbow. My Mother bought it new in 1972 (when I was born), and now I have it. It was one of those that had the cannister behind it with water in it... I called it R2-D2. Up until a couple years ago, I still used it. Problem was, replacement parts are almost non-existent anymore. But performance wise, it'll suck carpet off the floor, much less any dirt in the carpet.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010

Dude copped an attitude with my mother (who is a cheap pollak and wanted the guy to move furniture so she could get her carpets cleaned for free on their sales pitch) and when I checked his attitude he started telling me how much money he makes. His 2001 Taurus and the fact he sold vacuums door to door said other wise and when I brought that to his attention he started to raise his volume. I politely suggested he may want to pack his shit up and leave before him and his equipment got Uncle Phil'd out the picture window.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
My Wife got my M-I-L's hand me down Kirby (want to say a G6), when the M-I-L bought a new one. Amazing vacuum. I do remember a couple years ago, having to take the power head apart to fix something (I think the foot switch for the power drive wasn't working, so I R&R'd that), but other than that is an awesome unit.

Yea, it is a G6...

image_11130687-000-000_img_2__9_9.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info