Angry NASCAR Fans Are Roasting Subway For Dropping Suarez Sponsorship Over A Donut

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Click the link for many lolz

deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2<\/title><path d="M10,3.5l3-3,3,3Z" style="fill:%23fff;stroke:%23fff"/><path d="M0,3.5H10l3-3,3,3H26" style="fill:none;stroke:%231b3a4d"/><\/svg>')}.f_branding_on.blog-group-deadspin .editor-inner.post-content .pu

Fans of NASCAR Cup Series driver Daniel Suárez are particularly angry at Subway after they dropped Suárez’s sponsorship for handing out donuts from NASCAR broadcaster NBC’s corporate partner Dunkin Donuts. Anyone who’s ever had a bad Subway sandwich can appreciate the glorious grief NASCAR fans have been giving the poor soul in charge of Subway’s Twitter mentions.

Die-hard NASCAR fans are that special kind of loyal who will drink an entirely different kind of beer just because it’s the new beer on their driver’s car. So, you can imagine the fallout that comes from ending such a sponsorship early.

Mind you, Subway doesn’t even sell donuts—they’d rather serve up sandwiches with oddly shiny cheese that more closely resembles a petrochemical product instead of real, actual cheese. But why am I expending my effort elaborating upon their mighty sins against sandwiches when the Internet already came up with such good burns?

A rather unassuming sweet onion chicken teriyaki sandwich (that will probably disintegrate into a lukewarm syrupy mess no less than two minutes after you unwrap it) was the target of most of the donut chat, although random @s came in elsewhere, too. Time to make the donuts!

s9zfpr9iqwadcbh5vro6.jpg

DI6YltXWsAAwqxd.jpg:small

DI6sovrWAAAPRT0.jpg:small

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Thread fixed. It worked on the app but not browser. The accent in Suarez was creating an error.

And for the topic, I hope Dunkin swoops in a sponsors him. Great driver. Xfinity series champ last year.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info