Last one rolled off yesterday

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Best American car hands down in my eyes. I've always loved them.

TEAM octane would highly disagree with this statement. ^^^^

004.jpg

D-U1989-0833.jpg

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Best looking American car out there.

I originally scoffed at this, until I started to think about it. Damn near everything from the big 3 is forgetful dreg.

I will say I'll give the nod to the new Ford GT over the Viper, but the original Viper was definitely one of the great curveballs in design and performance in its day.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
As much as it pains me to say this, I think that the Viper would have lived on had FCA offered an automatic version (Or DSG). Dodge should have also offered a lower cost variant of the Viper with a V8 as a "volume" car.

Eehhhh. I'm torn on this. On one hand, it's their halo car, and watering it down with a V8 may have lessened the image. As far as the DSG/Auto, I can agree with that. Plenty of old men that would have loved to buy them, load their folding chairs in the trunk, and drive them to car shows, with their autos.

Is the Viper, or any halo car for that matter, really a money maker in and of itself? 99% of the time, it's a money loser. But it gets people to the brand in theory. Most of the halo cars are so specialized in their parts/manufacturing, there's no way they could turn a profit after all the R&D.

But that's just my .02 on the subject.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Worst part is that car is not going to be sold, the article said it was going to dodge's heritage collection. Thats even worse.

Per an Instagram comment from FCA design chief Ralph Gilles, the last Viper is headed to the company's heritage collection. The last customer Viper is a yellow ACR with black racing stripes.

You can see that last customer car in the distance.

screen-shot-2017-08-17-at-4-55-01-pm-1502982171.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info