Guys/Gals who currently or about to get car serviced at a dealership

Wish that was the case...still have tomorrow to work before we strike on Tuesday.

We have to show up and picket if you want the strike dollars. Lol

About 15 years ago the Meat Packers union was on strike, I always honked at them not cause I cared about their plight but cause I couldn't stop giggling at Meat Packers on strike. :bigthumb:

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
LOL American Crystal Sugar tried something like this where I live.

Guess what happened Crystal Sugar went and got a bunch of buses and went to Minneapolis loaded up a bunch of Somalians and opened the factorys back up within a week.

Bye bye to all the jobs for the people that went on strike.

I get it unions have their place and there is good and bad to go along with it.

Just hope being a member of the Union doesnt cost you your job too.

Good luck and hope its settled before strike.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
LOL American Crystal Sugar tried something like this where I live.

Guess what happened Crystal Sugar went and got a bunch of buses and went to Minneapolis loaded up a bunch of Somalians and opened the factorys back up within a week.

Bye bye to all the jobs for the people that went on strike.

I get it unions have their place and there is good and bad to go along with it.

Just hope being a member of the Union doesnt cost you your job too.

Good luck and hope its settled before strike.
Yea I doubt that will happen with actual skilled labor. :picard:

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Im-The-Captain-Now.jpg

Look at me..... I'm your mechanic now!

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
But if people don't work, they don't get paid, right?

It reminds me of dealing with my son when he doesn't get his way sometimes. He'll stomp his feet, throw things around, and lay on the floor in protest.

I'd really like to understand the need for unions these days. To me, that's like setting an artificially high minimum wage. Shouldn't the market dictate the pay? Why should it be any different from someone that works in an office? Get all people working in one field together so that they can control the pricing.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
I like my local 150 benefits and pay. It affords me to live comfortably, my pension, very good healthcare benefits that most EVEYONE is up in arms over. Fortunately I've not had to worry about that. The ACA has had some effects on is but our union has created some new ways and benefits to navigate in and around that.

So yeah. My job is pretty dangerous. In the 21 years I've been drilling. I've educated myself on many levels in my field, I have taken many certifications and I expect to be payed a good wage for all that and my work ethics.

Even when we were non union. I had the most experience with various drilling practices, classes, hardest jobs. Did everything possible to make my company money and clients happy. Yet all the pieces of crap who worked more years than I at our company at that time were making more money without a fraction of the knowledge and experience I had then.

I know what others are going to say. "Leave you job and find a new one." Not that simple when you love your job, like the area you live in and all the other drilling companies then were even worse as many wanted to come work for us.

I could go on. But I need to get back to work. LOLzzz:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info