Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Porsche to Quit Le Mans

Porsche is set to announce its departure from the FIA World Endurance Championship and move to the all-electric FIA Formula E championship.

RoadandTrack.com has learned Porsche’s exit from the LMP1-Hybrid class, where the German brand has won the 24 Hours of Le Mans in the LMP1-Hybrid class three times since 2015, will be confirmed on Friday, as will its new Formula E program for 2019. Porsche’s LMP1-to-Formula E move, which has been rumored for weeks, follows the same switch made by sister brand Audi at the end of 2016.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I mean I'm a big fan of electrification. We all know that... But WTF?

Unless this is their way of showing the market they're serious about going electric. Not very long ago they said they wouldn't offer all electric cars because they didn't feel they offered the performance level that Porsche buyers desired but just a month ago they came out and announced that they expect 50% of their cars to be all electric by 2023. That's a pretty substantial shift.

I don't want to toot my own horn (yes I do) but I think more and more manufactures are seeing the writing on the wall. People here mocked me in 2013 and 2014 when I said that electric was the future and now not only is it becoming increasingly obvious that it is, but it's happening faster than even the most optimistic thought it would.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info